NVIDIA has posted the changelog for the Android 5.0.1 update to the Shield Tablet. Nothing earth-shattering here with the point increase — "improvements in general UI and app responsiveness" is always a good thing to see, and also not surprising given the state of Lollipop.
Also: The Camera Awesome app gets some new effects with this update as well, the Shield Power Control Menu has returned, and there have been some memory optimization improvements as well.
- Shield Tablet K1 hands-on
- Original Shield Tablet review
- Latest news
- Shield Tablet K1 specs
- Forums discussion
Here's the full changelog for Android 5.0.1 on the Shield Tablet:
- Operating System update to Android 5.0.1: SHIELD Tablet gets updated to the latest version of Android 'Lollipop'. This is a minor release which includes a few bug fixes and updates
- System performance enhancements: Improvements in general UI and app responsiveness, including switching between apps
- Camera enhancements: Live HD Effects (HDFX): The Camera Awesome app gets some cool new creative effects for stills and videos. All the effects leverage the power of the Tegra K1 GPU to deliver live-preview and full resolution recording with the effects
- SHIELD Power Control Menu: We've bought back the SHIELD Power Control Menu, based on community feedback
- Memory optimizations: Enhanced support and optimizations for memory intensive apps
- OpenGL 4.5 support
- Localization improvements
Look for the update any time now.