Earlier this month, we were treated to an 8-minute video of Android Lollipop running on a Galaxy S5 thanks to the folks over at SamMobile. Now it looks as though the publication has gotten its hands on yet another version of Google's newest, and it brings Samsung's TouchWiz further in-line with its Material Design update.
This new version is build number LRX02E and brings a wide variety of changes which you can find below:
- New Note 4 fingerprint lock screen
- New system-wide font — similar to the original one, but a tad thinner.
- New animations, much smoother than before — there's a screen off animation present as well.
- Google Search bar in recents menu
- Brightness slider in notification centre has a new yellow colour — while changing the brightness, the notification centre disappears and allows the user to view the content beneath it.
- Removed "Interruptions" from Sound settings
- Gallery: Media can be sorted using new filters including Pets, Events, Scenery, Documents, Food, Vehicles and Flowers.
- Music: Improved UI
- Clock: Navigation bar icons are now accompanied by text
- Calculator: Removed square grids which surrounded the numbers and symbols
- Contacts: New search box
- Stock Material Design inspired applications receive colored status bar
- Android Lollipop theme's core green elements replaced with Samsung's blue colour
- Settings: Improved UI, new icon colours
- New UI for setting wallpaper from home screen
- Better spacing between options in power off dialog
While the build does change the Android version from 'L' to '5.0,' it is still missing any Lollipop branding, so it appears that this build is still based on pre-release code from Google.
Take this with a requisite grain of salt, as we have no idea how 'official' this build truly is, but it looks like Sammy is getting closer to dropping some Lollipop on its S5 users — provided the U.S. carriers get things moving quickly as well.
You can find SamMobile's video of the updated software in action below:
What do you think of Lollipop running on the S5? Are you eager to get your hands on it? Let us know in the comments below.