The pricing saga of the LG V20 continues. After hearing from AT&T and T-Mobile on pricing ($830 and $769, respectively) and then from various retailers on the unlocked availability ($799), we now have Verizon's offer, which is not only more reasonable, but available a week earlier than the rest of the country.
Starting October 20, the V20 will be sold on Verizon.com for $28 per month on a payment plan, or $672 retail, and even at that considerably more reasonable price Big Red is offering some promotions. It will be available in stores a week later, October 27, a day before its carrier rivals. In Verizon's words:
- For a limited time only, get up to $300 back when you buy the LG V20 on device payment and trade in select smartphones.
- Get a free pair of premium H3 earphones by B&O Play ($149 value) when you purchase a new LG V20 on device payment plan.
- Starting October 20, if you buy an LG V20 on device payment you can get an LG Stylo 2 V for $1 a month for 24 months on device payment.
The B&O H3 headphones are included with all carrier models so far, and the cash back is a Verizon mainstay, so those deals aren't particularly tantalizing, but they're nice to haves. The carrier is also announcing, as seen above, that the LG Stylo 2 V, a 5.7-inch midrange device with an included passive stylus, will be very inexpensive when purchased alongside the V20.
It's also worth pointing out that all Verizon phones come SIM-unlocked, and have the correct bands to work with T-Mobile and AT&T.
So, is Verizon the right carrier to get the V20 from, or is it worth it to spend the extra $100 or so on the unlocked model? Let us know in the comments!
- LG V20 review: Built for power users
- LG V20 specs
- All LG V20 news
- LG V20 vs. Galaxy Note 7
- Discuss the V20 in the forums!