Been waiting for Android 2.3.4 for your Samsung Nexus S i9020A? Well wait no more -- here's the OTA link location and manual update instructions. This link comes direct from Google, and only works on stock devices. To install it:
- Grab the OTA package here
- Rename it to update.zip. This isn't needed for the Nexus S bootloader, but it makes things easy.
- Copy it over to the internal storage on your Nexus S.
- Power off, then hold volume up and power to reboot to the bootloader.
- Using the volume key to navigate, select recovery, then use the power button to confirm
- When you see the warning triangle and arrow, hold the power button and tap volume up. You'll see a menu.
- From the menu, select "apply update from /sdcard", and choose update.zip from the list.
- Let it do its thing and update your system, radio, and other partitions. When finished, choose "reboot system now"
Now get spruced up and try Gtalk video chat with someone!
Source link via XDA. Thanks, Frank!
- Related devices:
- Filed under: