The One A9 is HTC's first phone running Android 6.0 Marshmallow. And, yes, it does look a lot like an iPhone. Maybe that's a thing, and maybe it's not.
HTC is first to market with a non-Nexus phone running Marshmallow out of the box. Outside you'll see a familiar HTC aluminium design, with mid-level specs on the inside. There's a fingerprint sensor on the front and a 13 MP camera on the back. Inside you'll find the Snapdragon 617 CPU, a 64-bit octa-core processor (with support for carrier-aggregated 4G LTE), 2 or 3 gigabytes of RAM (depending on the market) with the 2GB model coming with 16GB of internal storage, versus 32GB in the 3GB model. Memory is also expandable via microSD, and a 2150 mAh fixed battery powers it all. The A9 also supports Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0, while also being forwards-compatible with the upcoming QuickCharge 3.0 standard.
HTC One A9 Specifications:
- Size: 145.75x70.8x7.26mm
- Weight: 143g
- Display: 5-inch Full HD 1080p, Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 617, octa-core, 64-bit, 4x1.5GHz + 4x1.2GHz
- Memory: Configuration 1: ROM: 32GB, RAM: 3GB, Expandable: microSD up to 2TB Configuration 2: ROM: 16GB, RAM: 2GB, Expandable: microSD up to 2TB
- Network: 2G/2.5G - GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz 3G UMTS (Varies by market): 850/900/AWS/1900/2100 MHz EMEA/ASIA 4G LTE: FDD Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28; TDD Bands 38, 40, 41 Americas 4G LTE with VoLTE: FDD Bands 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 29
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Motion G sensor, Compass sensor, Gyro sensor, Magnetic sensor, Sensor Hub
- Location: Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4+5GHz), 3.5mm stereo audio jack, microUSB 2.0 port
- Sound: Dolby Audio and Hi-Res Audio (Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories)
- Main Camera: 13MP with sapphire lens cover, f/2.0 aperture, auto focus, BSI sensor, OIS, 1080p video recording
- Front Camera: HTC Ultrapbixel, f/2.0 aperture, fixed focus, 1080p video recording
- Battery: Capacity: 2150mAh with Quick Charge 2.0 support (forward compatible with Quick Charge 3.0) HD video playback: up to 12 hours Audio playback: up to 9 hours Talk time on 3G: up to 16 hours Standby time: up to 18 days.
- Additional features: Premium all-metal unibody Fingerprint-based security RAW image capture Hyperlapse video creation High-resolution audio
The HTC One A9 will be available globally in November. In the U.S., it'll sell for $399.99 unlocked from HTC.com with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage.