Sprint is rolling out a software update Thursday to its sleek, bezel-less Sharp Aquos smartphone. The update starts rolling out December 11, and delivers on some bug fixes while also bringing better battery performance; it also adds some bundled apps to the the mix, including the integration of Yahoo Communications Suite and Premium Caller ID.
Here is the full change log for the update, which has the software version SA300:
- Integration of Yahoo Communications Suite:
- Yahoo Smart Contacts, a cloud-based single address book of aggregated contacts utilizing social media for content such as photos and status.
- Enhanced Dialer including adding favorites and groups
- Premium Caller ID. Receive caller ID information from unknown telephone numbers.
- Fixes individual messages previous sent from re-appearing when the individual is part of a group text.
- When using POP3 and IMAP embedded images in email are now displayed correctly.
- Camera shutter sound can now be muted.
- Improved power consumption
- Google Security Patch
According to Sprint, the software update will be rolling out in batches so it may not hit your device right away.
Be sure to check out our mini review of the Aquos Crystal if you're on the fence on picking one up.