The Xperia A4 is exclusive to Japan, and will be available in the country via NTT Docomo from mid-June.
Launched as the successor to the Xperia A2, the Xperia A4 is identical in specs to the Xperia Z3 Compact. Along with the phone, Sony has announced launch windows for the Xperia Z4, which will debut in the country in June. The Xperia Z4 Tablet will be available via NTT Docomo in the month of July.
Specs of the Xperia A4 include:
- 4.6-inch 720p display
- 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 SoC
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, microSD slot up to 128GB
- 20.7MP camera at the back, 2.2 MP shooter at the front
- LTE, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/GLONASS, MHL, NFC
- IPX5/8 dust and IP6X water resistance
- 2,600mAh battery
- Android 5.0
- Dimensions: 128 x 66 x 9.1mm
- Weight: 129g
- Grey, Pink, Blue and White color variations
It looks like the launch of the Xperia A4 is Sony's attempt to refresh the Xperia A series in the country, with the current model sporting Snapdragon 800.