Lynda has updated its Android app to bring learning to the big screen. Adding Chromecast support to Lynda's Android app, you can now see Lynda's content on your HDTV with Google's Chromecast dongle rather than on the smaller display of your phone or tablet. In addition to Chromecast support, there are also a number of new features that will make it easy to learn on the go.
In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, here's what's new in the version 2.1.1 of the Android app for Lynda:
- Video streaming via Chromecast
- Dashboard at login
- Personalized course recommendations
- Continue watching courses where you left off
- Search results sorting by relevancy, release date, and course title
- Playlist additions from search results
You do need a Lynda membership to access Lynda's full library of videos for courses that span business, technology, and creative skills.