As North America waits for its Galaxy S III, and Android fans around the world count the days until Google IO, it's been another relatively busy week in international Android news. We've had phone launches, phone announcements, and a few pricing announcements and special deals along the way.
Sony brought two new entry-level devices into the world, in the form the Xperia Miro and Xperia Tipo, following a Facebook promotion campaign that lasted a few days. And we learned that the UK market will be graced by a slew of new Android phones next month, including the LG Optimus 4X HD, Sony Xperia Go and Samsung Galaxy Beam. We also saw new European roaming deals from UK carriers Vodafone and Three.
And in sporting developments, we learned that Galaxy S III owners will be able to watch the summer Olympics for free thanks to a deal between Samsung and Eurosport. The BBC also debuted its mobile sports streaming site, in time for the knockout stages of Euro 2012 tournament.
Check out the rest of the week's international highlights below. If you've got international news, be sure to tip us at the usual address.
- Carphone Warehouse offering free Galaxy Note on £21 contract for next seven days
- Telcel holding an exclusive night sale for the Samsung Galaxy S III on June 22
- Galaxy S III owners get free Eurosport Player for the Olympics
- BBC launches sports streaming over mobile networks
- Peter Chou: HTC won't 'destroy brand image' by releasing super-low-end phones
- Huawei's Ascend P1 gets priced in Europe
- Entry-level Sony Xperia Tipo announced
- Three UK launch new EU data roaming deal
- Sony announces the Xperia Miro
- Sony Xperia Go and Samsung Galaxy Beam headed to the UK in July
- Pick up a refurbished Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini for just £50
- Vodafone UK announces EuroTraveller roaming service
- Europe getting Amazon Appstore this summer?
- Ford SYNC and AppLink for Android set to expand globally
- LG Optimus 4X HD launches today in Germany, UK in 'July'
- Sony trades Facebook likes for early Xperia announcement
- Optimus 4X HD international launch details