Today sees the unveiling of a new entry-level Android handset from Samsung, the 3.65-inch Galaxy Ace Plus. The Ace Plus is the successor to last year's Galaxy Ace, which was Sammy's main mid-range phone for Europe in 2011. It's billed as a phone for "trendy and sociable young professionals" (so that's us out), and brings Android 2.3 Gingerbread and the latest TouchWiz 4.0 onto a 3.65-inch HVGA display. Design-wise, you've got a chassis that closely resembles the original Galaxy S, and the more recent Galaxy S Plus.
The phone's powered by a 1GHz CPU and comes equipped with a 5MP rear-facing camera (no front-facer), along with 512MB RAM and 3GB internal storage (including 1GB for apps, and expandable using a microSD card) -- so nothing to set the world alight, but a respectable mainstream device nonetheless. Of course, you can also expect all the usual Gingerbread and TouchWiz software niceties.
Samsung expects to release the Galaxy Ace Plus in Russia this month, followed by a gradual roll-out in Europe, Latin America, Asia, the Middle East and Africa later in the year. We've got the full spec list, along with more photos, after the jump.
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus Specifications
- Network: HSDPA 7.2Mbps 900/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- Processor: 1 GHz Processor
- Display: 3.65” HVGA(320x480) TFT
- OS: Android 2.3(Gingerbread)
- Camera: 5 Megapixel Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash
- Video: MPEG4, H.263, H.264
- Recording/ Playback: WVGA@30fps
- Audio Codecs: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+
- Music Player with SoundAlive
- 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo FM Radio with RDS
- Samsung TouchWiz/ Samsung L!ve Panel UX, Samsung Apps
- Samsung Kies 2.0/ Samsung Kies air
- Samsung ChatON mobile communication service
- Social Hub: Integrated Messaging(Email, SNS), Contacts/ Calendar Sync, Basic: POP3/IMAP Email
- Music Hub (Downloadable)
- Google™ Mobile Services: Android Market™, Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Maps™, Syncing with Google Calendar™
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® technology v 3.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Digital compass, Proximity
- Memory: 3GB User memory + 512MB(RAM),microSD (up to 32GB)
- Size: 114.7 x 62.5 x 11.2 mm, 115 g
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-ion 1,300 mAh
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
I turned off my phone for a day and it was the best decision I made in 2020
The internet is great and useful for so many things. But a day without it was like a reboot inside me. You should try it.
Review: Dyson Pure Humidify + Cool is an incredible three-in-one system
Dyson's latest product combines a fan, air purifier, and humidifier into a single unit. The Pure Humidify + Cool has a premium design, delivers outstanding performance at both purification and humidification, and is an ideal product for the new work-from-home normal.
Don't delete your Oculus Facebook account if you want to keep your games
Nowadays, your Facebook account is your Oculus account. Make sure you don't delete it if you want to keep your games.
Pair that snazzy Galaxy S20 FE with an awesome case to keep it protected
Samsung unveiled the Galaxy S20 FE and the device is sure to turn plenty of heads for the next few months. With stiff competition in the mid-range market, it's clear that Samsung wants to compete and the S20 FE is fantastic. If you're picking one of these awesome new devices up, make sure you pair it with a case to keep it looking awesome.