Today sees the unveiling of a new entry-level Android handset from Samsung, the 3.65-inch Galaxy Ace Plus. The Ace Plus is the successor to last year's Galaxy Ace, which was Sammy's main mid-range phone for Europe in 2011. It's billed as a phone for "trendy and sociable young professionals" (so that's us out), and brings Android 2.3 Gingerbread and the latest TouchWiz 4.0 onto a 3.65-inch HVGA display. Design-wise, you've got a chassis that closely resembles the original Galaxy S, and the more recent Galaxy S Plus.
The phone's powered by a 1GHz CPU and comes equipped with a 5MP rear-facing camera (no front-facer), along with 512MB RAM and 3GB internal storage (including 1GB for apps, and expandable using a microSD card) -- so nothing to set the world alight, but a respectable mainstream device nonetheless. Of course, you can also expect all the usual Gingerbread and TouchWiz software niceties.
Samsung expects to release the Galaxy Ace Plus in Russia this month, followed by a gradual roll-out in Europe, Latin America, Asia, the Middle East and Africa later in the year. We've got the full spec list, along with more photos, after the jump.
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus Specifications
- Network: HSDPA 7.2Mbps 900/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- Processor: 1 GHz Processor
- Display: 3.65” HVGA(320x480) TFT
- OS: Android 2.3(Gingerbread)
- Camera: 5 Megapixel Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash
- Video: MPEG4, H.263, H.264
- Recording/ Playback: WVGA@30fps
- Audio Codecs: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+
- Music Player with SoundAlive
- 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo FM Radio with RDS
- Samsung TouchWiz/ Samsung L!ve Panel UX, Samsung Apps
- Samsung Kies 2.0/ Samsung Kies air
- Samsung ChatON mobile communication service
- Social Hub: Integrated Messaging(Email, SNS), Contacts/ Calendar Sync, Basic: POP3/IMAP Email
- Music Hub (Downloadable)
- Google™ Mobile Services: Android Market™, Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Maps™, Syncing with Google Calendar™
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® technology v 3.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Digital compass, Proximity
- Memory: 3GB User memory + 512MB(RAM),microSD (up to 32GB)
- Size: 114.7 x 62.5 x 11.2 mm, 115 g
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-ion 1,300 mAh
The Surface Duo's price isn't the only thing fans have reservations about
Microsoft announced its latest "phone" nearly a year ago, and now the Surface Duo is finally available for preorder. We wanted to know if its hefty price tag would be a deterrent to buyers. Short answer, yes.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 review: The new best Android smartwatch
The Galaxy Watch 3 is a gorgeous smartwatch with a high asking price and more fitness-focused features than ever before.
Epic Games is suing Google following Fortnite's removal from the Play Store
Following Apple removing Fortnite from its App Store, and the subsequent announcement of an Epic Games lawsuit against the company, Google seems to have done the same.
These cases provide all the protection your Galaxy A11 will need
If you want to go with Samsung but don't want to get a flagship like the S20, why not go with a more budget-friendly option like the Galaxy A11? This phone gives you the look of a flagship smartphone at just a portion of the cost. But even though you're saving some dough, you'll want to make sure that your investment is protected, so why not get a new case?