Verizon has announced a number of new features and services for its customers starting on July 7. They include new monthly plans with more data at higher prices, along with "Carryover Data", which will allow customers to take any unused data from the previous month and move it to the next month.
Here's the breakdown of Verizon's price and data increases for the monthly plans:
- S plan: Price increase from $30 to $35 a month, data increase from 1GB to 2GB
- M plan: Price increase from $45 to $50 a month, data increase from 3GB to 4GB
- L plan: Price increase from $60 to $70 a month, data increase from 6GB to 8GB
- XL plan: Price increase from $80 to $90 a month, data increase from 12GB to 16GB
- XXL plan: Price increase from $100 to $110 a month, data increase from 18GB to 24GB
Customers can also purchase additional data per month for the price of $15 for 1GB as part of the "Data Boost" program.
The Carryover Data program is for anyone who signs up for the new plans. Any data that is rolled over from one month to the next does expire at the end of that month. Another new program is Safety Mode, which is available on the new MyVerizon app. As we reported earlier this week, it will offer XL and XXL subscribers a way to keep getting data for free if they reach the limit of their monthly caps, but the speed will be throttled down to 128 Kbps. The other plans can also sign up for Safety Mode with an additional $5 a month fee.
Customers who call Mexico and Canada from the U.S. a lot will also get some love from Verizon:
On Verizon Plan XL and larger sizes, get unlimited talk and text from the U.S. to Mexico and Canada and also enjoy your data plan, along with unlimited talk and text, when visiting Mexico and Canada. If you're on the new Verizon Plan in sizes S, M or L, pay just $5 per line per month for calls from the U.S. To roam with your data and unlimited talk and text in Canada or Mexico, you'll use Verizon's TravelPass feature for $2 per day per line.
The new MyVerzion app will also offer these features:
- The Feed: All you need to know about your data, account and bill in one real-time feed, with personalized products and content just for you.
- The Data Hub: Your data control center. Clearly see how much data is being used, who is using it and how to get more if you need it.
- Shop: The fastest and easiest way to browse, buy and customize the latest devices, all without leaving the app.
- On-Demand Support: In-app help that's there before you need it with immediate answers without calling for help.
- Simplified Bill: A clear and simple bill that explains what's changed from month-to-month. Understand and pay your bill with just a few taps.
What do you think about Verizon's changes to its data plans and its other new features? Let us know in the comments!