Verizon this morning announced the LG Vortex -- a mid-level Android smartphone available online and in stores on Nov. 18. The Android 2.2 device will sell for $79.99 after contract and $100 rebate. It sports a 3.2-inch touchscreen at the low, low resolution of 320x240, a 3.2-megapixel camera with autofocus, will serve as a Wifi hotspot and has Bing Search and Bing Maps in lieu of the usual Google Products. It'll come in two colors -- black or violet. Press release is after the break.
Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones Create a Whirlwind of Possibilities With the LG Vortex
LG Vortex, An Accessible Smartphone with Simple Solutions
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO, Nov. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced the LG Vortex™ will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on Nov. 18. The LG Vortex empowers first-time smartphone users to join and explore the growing Android world with 3G connectivity over the nation's largest and most reliable wireless 3G network. With its sleek design, LG Vortex gives consumers easy-to-use access to a variety of applications that make life simple and keep customers at the center of their social universe.
Colors: Black and Violet
* Powered by Android 2.2 – Offers customers support for Google Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk, Google Voice and access to Android Market™
* Preloaded with Bing Search and Bing Maps
* 3.2" touchscreen with tactile feedback for fast and accurate touch vibration response
* Wi-Fi Connectivity
* 3G Mobile HotSpot capable
* Virtual QWERTY keyboard with Swype technology installed
* Bluetooth® 2.1 capabilities with support for Bluetooth Profiles Supported: Headset, Hands-Free, Dial-Up Networking, Object Push, Advanced Audio Distribution (stereo), Audio/Video Remote Control, Phone Book Access, and File Transfer
* microSD™ card slot with expandable memory up to 32 GB
* Customizable home screens with shortcuts to text messages, e-mail, apps, favorite social networking sites and widgets
* Customizable to 5 or 7 home screens
* Proximity sensor instantly locks touchscreen while talking on the phone
* Pre-installed LG Apps, including My Status with Twitter™ for LG and Facebook® for LG
* Visual Voice Mail capable
* Skype mobile™ capable
* Android Market – Choose from thousands of downloadable apps
* Full suite of messaging options – Text, picture, video and voice messaging; corporate and personal e-mail accounts supported
* VZ Navigator® capabilities – Access for customers to receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
* 3.2-megapixel autofocus camera and camcorder with flash that includes:
o Five different camera resolutions and three different video resolutions
o Macro Mode for detailed, up close pictures
o Image editor with zoom, rotate, resize, crop, added frames and stamps
o Customize brightness, white balance, shutter sounds, color effects and use self-timer
o Optimize video quality with normal, fine or super camcorder settings
o Video recording time up to 16 GB
Pricing and availability:
* The LG Vortex will be $79.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
* LG Vortex customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access. Email and Web for Smartphone plans start at $15 monthly access for 150 MB. Customers can track their data usage by downloading the My Verizon app available on Android Market or by logging on to their My Verizon accounts online at www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
- Related devices: