Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Pocket Casts | TuneIn Radio | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
Thing 1: New Google Play edition devices
- Sony Z Ultra Google Play edition announced, available now
- LG announces Google Play edition G Pad 8.3
- LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play edition unboxing and hands-on
- Sony Z Ultra Google Play edition unboxing and hands-on
- Stock Android 'Gallery' app is no more on the new Google Play edition devices
Thing 2: Google updates all the things
- In pictures: The white Nexus 7
- Nexus OTA updates to Android 4.4.2 are pushing out now
- Google announces new apps, local content streaming for Chromecast
- Chromecast now works with Google Play Music, Movies & TV from the web
- Hangouts update hopes to fix MMS issues
- Android Device Manager app launches on Google Play
- Google Play Books updated, brings performance tweaks and uploading from your phone or tablet
- Google Translate updated with nine new languages
- Want snow on your Google+ photos? Just shake your phone
- Gmail update adds vacation auto responder, expands file attachment capabilities
- Gmail will automatically show images in e-mails
Other odds and ends
- Pebble update v1.14 adds Do Not Disturb, alarm improvements
- Cover lock screen replacement launches in the Play Store, still carries 'beta' tag
- CTIA, FCC come to agreement on cellphone unlocking terms
- 'Instagram Direct' private messaging is now official
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 now available on Google Play
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 updated with 'loads of cool stuff'
- Moto G's U.S. debut delayed by winter weather
- A sneak peek at #CESlive!
- Sprint to sell new tri-band Galaxy S4 in the coming weeks
- Google Glass as a music player: Sounds pretty good, but it's also tough on battery
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- Live Q&A: Look for the link each week to join the live Q&A.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
- Leave a voicemail: Record your question with your phone or computer, and e-mail it to us. (Be sure to leave your name and where you're from!)
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live. Or check our Google+ page for the Hangout with Q&A.
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact Standard Broadcast Co..
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: