Android owners will be able to enjoy vault life with the upcoming release of the Fallout Shelter game.
Bethesda Softworks released Fallout Shelter this week for iOS, which is a mobile spin-off of its satirical Fallout post-apocalyptic game series. Now the publisher has confirmed the game is heading to Android devices as well.
In a Twitter post, the publisher's internal development team Bethesda Games Studios stated:
Yes, we're also working on Fallout Shelter for Android. Hopefully out in a few months.— BethesdaGameStudios (@BethesdaStudios) June 16, 2015
So what is Fallout Shelter? It's a free-to-play game that lets users build and control their own underground vault, while also keeping its residents happy and safe from all that nasty stuff above ground in the nuclear wastelands. Here's the breakdown:
- BUILD THE PERFECT VAULT - Create a brighter future…underground! Select from a variety of modern-day rooms to turn an excavation beneath 2,000 feet of bedrock into the very picture of Vault Life.
- OVERSEE A THRIVING COMMUNITY - Get to know your Dwellers and lead them to happiness. Find their ideal jobs and watch them flourish. Provide them with outfits, weapons, and training to improve their abilities.
- PROSPER - A well-run Vault requires a variety of Dwellers with a mix of skills. Build a Radio Room to attract new Dwellers. Or, take an active role in their personal lives; play matchmaker and watch the sparks fly!
- EXPLORE THE WASTELAND - Send Dwellers above ground to explore the blasted surface left behind and seek adventure, handy survival loot, or unspeakable death. Find new armor and weapons, gain experience, and earn Caps. But don't let them die!
- PROTECT YOUR VAULT - From time to time, idyllic Vault life may be disrupted by the dangers of post-nuclear life. Prepare your Dwellers to protect against threats from the outside…and within.
Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long before Fallout Shelter is launched in the Google Play Store.
Source: Bethesda Game Studios (Twitter)