Trying to keep all of your tech and toys charged day after day is no small challenge, but having a good Power Delivery charger to center your gear around is a godsend. Whether you need a newer, smaller charger for your phone since the new iPhones and Galaxy S21 don't include one in the box anymore, or you want to use one singular charger for both your laptop and phone — these are the USB-C charger deals that stand out the most right now.
Though Prime Day isn't live just yet, we're already beginning to see some excellent deals appearing on USB-C chargers and other products. Below we're gathering some of our favorites and you'll also find the best Prime Day USB-C Charger deals right here once they go live.
- : Anker PowerPort III Pod 65W PIQ 3.0 PPS Fast Charger | 30% off at Amazon
- : UGREEN USB-C Mini 20W PD Fast Charger | 33% off at Amazon
- : Baseus 45W PD Fast Charging Wall Charger | $10 off at Amazon
- : Apple 20W USB-C Power Adapter | 13% off at Amazon
- : Anker PowerPort Atom III Slim 30W | 21% off at Amazon
- : ULTRANET 65W 2-Port GaN PPS PD Charger | $20 at Amazon
- : UGREEN USB-C 65W 4-Port PD Charger | 25% off at Amazon
Anker PowerPort III Pod 65W PIQ 3.0 PPS Fast Charger | 30% off at Amazon
A couple of weeks ago, Anker announced a new Nano II 65W charger that's about 40% smaller than this one, and it also sells for $40. This still very compact model is seeing major discounts and if your computer has a USB-C port, you should buy this right now.
UGREEN USB-C Mini 20W PD Fast Charger | 33% off at Amazon
This little building block of Power Delivery perfection is the price of two Starbucks coffees and will fit into even the tiniest purses and the busiest power strips at the airport lounge. It doesn't get better than this for phone chargers.
Baseus 45W PD Fast Charging Wall Charger | $10 off at Amazon
This charging bundle includes a two-port 45W Power Delivery charger and a USB-C cable, everything you need to charge your Chromebook, laptop, tablet, and phone in one compact, easy-to-carry package. Be sure to clip the coupon for $3 off!
Apple 20W USB-C Power Adapter | 13% off at Amazon
Amazon's offering a slight discount on the Apple 20W USB-C Power Adapter right now. While it's not a huge savings, any savings on the first-party iPhone charger is worth taking advantage of if you have Apple fans in your household.
Anker PowerPort Atom III Slim 30W | 21% off at Amazon
This slim, sophisticated-looking GaN charger can charge either a phone, tablet, or laptop while also fitting into low clearance outlets like between your nightstand and bed. It can also hide in a deck of playing cards if your coworkers tend to "borrow" your charger.
ULTRANET 65W 2-Port GaN PPS PD Charger | $20 at Amazon
This 65W charger is a little bit bigger than other Power Delivery chargers, but Gallium Nitride chips inside should keep it from getting too hot to handle after you finish charging your laptop and phone together.
UGREEN USB-C 65W 4-Port PD Charger | 25% off at Amazon
It's rare to see a charger this small that can still pact 3 USB-C ports into it, and if you need a travel charger for your whole family's phones — or just a way to keep all the phones on your desk charged at once — this powerful little puck is for you.
Of course, once you grab a new charger, chances are you're going to need some new USB-C cables to reach between your phone and your new charger. If you're grabbing a cable specifically for charging, consider grabbing a long cable so you can run it from your wall charger halfway across your bed so you can charge while you scroll Insta in bed.
What to look for when buying a charger
There are a myriad of factors that go into picking the perfect charger, but if you need a short, sweet checklist before you buy, here's the one I use:
- Does it have Power Delivery? Just because a charger has a Type-C port does not mean it's Power Delivery. If it's not, the most power that USB-C port can output safely is 15W, which makes it practically worthless. So check to be sure it's Power Delivery — and if it also supports PPS (Programmable Power Supply, a specialized classification within the Power Delivery spec), that's even better.
- Does it use GaN chips? Gallium nitride is a newer semiconductor type that is smaller, more efficient, and generates less heat, three very, very good things for a charger. The best GaN chargers have come down in price over the last 18 months and Prime Day is a great time to catch one on sale. This isn't a dealbreaker unless you have small children in the house; if you do, GaN chargers are less likely to scald little fingers if your little one is poking around your desk.
- What's the power distribution? If you're buying a single-port charger, this won't matter to you, but for multi-port chargers, you need to know what happens if you plug in multiple things. Some 90W two-port chargers will limit both ports to 45W when both in use, even if one device is an 18W phone and the other is a 65W laptop. These breakdowns are either shown in the photos of a listing or in the specs chart further down, but it's always there on a good charger.
- Do the prongs fold up? Even if you don't plan to travel with this charger, folding plugs mean that when it's not in use, you're less likely to bend or break the plug when it's stuck in your electronics drawer or in a backpack. Some chargers also allow you to swap the prongs between US AC prongs and international configurations, so it's worth keeping an eye for if you're a frequent flier.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.