Following its press conference earlier today, LG Mobile has announced the LG Spectrum, which will be headed to Verizon wireless starting next Thursday, Jan. 19. Essentially, it's Verizon's version of the LG Nitro HD. It comes equipped with a 4.5-inch 720p IPS display, and is powered by a dual-core 1.5 GHz. On the software side, you've got Android 2.3 Gingerbread, prettied-up by LG's Optimus UI, and the promise of an Android 4.0 update in the first half of the year. The Spectrum is also bundled with ESPN's ScoreCenter app, as well as Netflix HD. And, as you'd expect, it runs on Verizon's 4G LTE network.
We'll be back with some hands-on coverage of the Spectrum later today. In the meantime, we've got a couple more pictures of the device, along with the full spec and feature lists, after the jump.
- 4.5-inch True HD IPS display provides natural colors and brilliant, undistorted HD images in 16:9 aspect ratio. Pictures and texts are incredibly sharp with 329 pixels per inch (PPI) screen density.
- Protected by Corning® Gorilla® Glass, the True HD IPS display uses Real Stripe subpixel arrangement so images never get blurred.
- Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread (Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade available the first half of 2012); support for Google™ Mobile Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™ and access to more than 300,000 apps available to download from Android Market™.
- Preloaded Netflix app allows Netflix subscribers to stream the latest movies in high-definition quality.
- Qualcomm 1.5 GHz dual-core processor makes multitasking seamless. Customers can surf the Web, check email and update social networks effortlessly.
- ESPN's ScoreCenter app offers the most comprehensive sports coverage available on an Android device whether you follow the NFL or Premier League, ICC Champions League or MLB™, NASCAR or Formula One™. Customers can follow teams from more than 500 leagues around the world with an exclusive 720p high-definition feed for Spectrum by LG while connected to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network or Wi-Fi.
- Spectrum supports Dolby® Digital Plus, which allows users to maximize their HD multimedia experience. Dolby Digital Plus can stream up to 7.1 channels of surround sound through home entertainment systems.
- 8-megapixel rear-facing autofocus camera with LED flash to snap beautiful pictures and 1080p video capture
- Front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera with video chat capabilities
- SmartMovie HD app—create and edit HD videos right on the Spectrum by LG
- Mobile Hotspot capability—share 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Bluetooth® Version 3.0
- 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed with support for up to 32 GB microSD card
- SmartShare—share media wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices
- HDMI mirroring capable via MHL
- Related devices: