The Android 2.3.3 (GRI40 for those keeping score at home) OTA update for the Samsung Nexus S has started to roll out, but there's no need to wait -- it's a breeze to manually install. Think of it as the OTA update, with less of the A. What you need to do:
- Grab the OTA package here [ link via XDA]
- Rename it to update.zip. This isn't needed for the Nexus S bootloader, but it makes things easy.
- Copy it over to the internal storage on your Nexus S.
- Power off, then hold volume up and power to reboot to the bootloader.
- Using the volume key to navigate, select recovery, then use the power button to confirm
- When you see the warning triangle and arrow, hold the power button and tap volume up. You'll see a menu.
- From the menu, select "apply update from /sdcard", and choose update.zip from the list.
- Let it do its thing and update your system, radio, and other partitions. When finished, choose "reboot system now"
Sound off in the comments how things are going for you.