Motorola's David Schuster has basically become the defacto news source for Motorola update information lately. Sticking to that tradition, Schuster has taken to Google Plus once again with a slew of information on different updates, including the availability of Android 5.1 Lollipop for the Moto X (2014) on U.S. Cellular and AT&T, along with some updates on other devices.
Moto X (2nd Gen)
- We are starting full deployment for USC in the US today
- We are starting full soak test for AT&T in the US today
- We are expanding the soak test for Verizon today and allowing open pull
Moto G (1st Gen) w/4G LTE
- We are starting full soak in Brazil Retail today
Moto E (2nd Gen) w/4G LTE
- We are starting full deployment for Cricket in the US today
UPDATE: Moto X (2nd Gen) on AT&T is open for pull for the 5.1 Lollipop upgrade
And there you have it. Soak tests have been expanded, and full deployments have arrived. The odd duck in this round of deployments is U.S. Cellular. We saw release notes posted by the carrier for the Moto X in May, and then Schuster announced a soak test last week. However, it looks like the update is indeed rolling out to everyone now. It's important to note that when Schuster says "open pull," he means that the update can be manually pulled down through the setting menu, but your device won't push a notification saying the update is available.
Source: David Schuster (Google+)