Runtastic has announced a new wearable that combines the look and feel of a traditional watch with the functionality of a fitness tracker. The Runtastic Moment is available in four styles, offering a combination of different sized watch faces, band types and colors. Synchronizing with the Runtastic Me app opens up a world of tracking functionality for those who require said features but would rather opt for a watch base.
The Moment can track steps and distance, active minutes, the number of calories burned, as well as sleep cycles and set goals. Essentially, all the features you'd expect from a fitness tracker in 2015. There's also the option for haptic feedback and you're able to dive down to depths of up to 300 feet. An interesting feature of the watch is how it's powered by a standard battery, which means that you don't have to regularly charge the product (Runtastic notes that each battery should hold out for 6 months).
To offer more in terms of customization, Runtastic has the following options:
- Runtastic Moment Fun - Features a stanless steel case, scratch-resistant glass and silicon strap. Available in four colors: rasberry, plum, sand, and indigo for $129.99.
- Runtastic Moment Basic - The next step up from Moment Fun. Features a larger display and is available in beige and black for $129.99.
- Runtastic Moment Elite - The Elite sports the same stainless steel case and scratch-resistant glass, but you're upgrading to top-quality black leather band. Priced at $179.99.
- Runtastic Moment Classic - The Classic offers the same options as the elite, but is available in silver, gold and rose gold for $179.99.
Not everyone wants a band, or smartwatch with a battery-drainging display, so the Moment is at least an interesting option. Those who reside in the US will be able to purchase Runtastic Moment wearable from the company's online store, as well as select retail outlets in the near future. The product also appear to be readily available for those in Europe too.
Runtastic Disrupts Wearable Market with Analog Watch that Tracks Steps, Sleep and More
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – September 4, 2015 – Today Runtastic announced the Runtastic Moment, a brand new wearable that combines the fashion of a traditional watch with the functionality of a modern fitness tracker. Designed to meet the needs of all types of users, the Runtastic Moment is available in four unique styles that offer different size watch faces, types of bands and colors. Simply sync it with the Runtastic Me app and what looks like a traditional watch seamlessly turns into one of the most comprehensive fitness trackers on the market. This news comes on the heels of Runtastic announcing it was acquired by adidas Group for $240 million.
"Over the past few years, we have seen the majority of players in the health and fitness space –Runtastic included – try to address the needs of users with a diverse array of tracking devices," said Florian Gschwandtner, CEO and co-founder of Runtastic. "Looking at the products currently available, we strongly felt there was a large gap between fashion and functionality. Therefore, we developed the Runtastic Moment to be an all-encompassing device that is easy to use, aesthetically pleasing and habit-forming."
Features & Functionalities
The Runtastic Moment is an analog watch that allows users to track Steps & Distance, Active Minutes, Calories Burned, Sleep Cycles and Goals. Users can also monitor daily progress directly on the watch face via the Progress Indicator and set vibration alerts to go off after periods of inactivity. Waterproof up to 300 feet, the Moment can be worn during any type of activity – including swimming, diving or even showering. It does not require any charging, as it is powered by a standard battery.
A Design for Everyone
The Runtastic community is incredibly diverse, with users located around the world who speak different languages, are at different fitness levels and have a wide variety of goals. With this in mind, Runtastic recognizes that one size does not fit all. The company has therefore created the Runtastic Moment in ten unique designs, which are organized into four collections:
- Runtastic Moment Fun: Boasting a stainless steel case, scratch-resistant glass and a comfortable silicon strap, the Moment Fun was designed for the playful, active types. It is available in four colors - raspberry, plum, sand and indigo – for $129.99.
- Runtastic Moment Basic: Similar to the Moment Fun, the Moment Basic has a larger display and is available in beige and black for $129.99.
- Runtastic Moment Elite: Designed for a more sophisticated look, the Moment Elite offers a stainless steel case, scratch-resistant glass and a top-quality black leather band for $179.99.
- Runtastic Moment Classic: With clean lines and a simplistic style, the Moment Classic offers a stainless steel case, scratch-resistant glass and a leather band - available in silver, gold and rose gold – for $179.99.
"We're eager to connect with individuals who prioritize ease of use with convenience and style," continued Gschwandtner. "A watch is the most common piece of jewelry for men and women, and we're excited to provide our community with a top-quality product that allows them to simultaneously look great and collect interesting – potentially life-changing – data."
Runtastic Me App
Last year, Runtastic launched the Runtastic Me app to serve as the dashboard for the Runtastic Orbit wearable. The app has now been further expanded to also work in correlation with the Runtastic Moment.
Data from the Runtastic Moment syncs wirelessly to the Runtastic Me app so users can effortlessly view their statistics and daily progress, and engage in gamification features such as Streaks, where they can set and break personal records. The app also provides detailed information about sleep cycles, including duration, and both light and deep sleep phases.
Where to Purchase Runtastic Moment
Customers located in the U.S. can purchase Runtastic hardware from the Runtastic Online Shop and in select retail stores in the near future.
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the Android Central team.