The latest content update for Fortnite — the 9.10 patch — is out today, and with it comes the introduction of a brand new feature that will make special locations on the map have a higher loot rate drop. Hot Spots, as they're called, will essentially be select areas on the map that will have a higher loot rate with an increase in Supply Drops. Landing here or getting to the area will likely mean you'll be finding better gear, so get ready to duke it out in these areas.
You can check out the full list of changes to the Battle Royale portion of Fortnite below, and jump into a game now to check out the changes:
LIMITED TIME MODE ROTATION:
SNIPER SHOOTOUT DUOS
- Sniper Rifles only. Downed players are eliminated instantly. May the best aim win!
- Battle Royale gameplay with a limited set of weapons made up entirely of items that are vaulted in the standard modes.
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS SQUADS
- Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks!
- Reduced availability from floor loot from .835% to .677%
- Reduced availability from chests from 4.65% to 3.98%
- Unvaulted Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle
- Available in Vending Machines, Chests, and Floor Loot
- Available in Uncommon and Rare variants
- Reduced the availability from floor loot from 2.015% to 1.409%
Introducing Hot Spots!
- Every match, select named locations will be marked in gold text on the map.
- These Hot Spots represent the presence of Loot Carriers. Shoot down the carriers for additional high-quality weapons.
- Loot Carriers drop a weapon of Rare or higher quality along with two stacks of ammo.
- Hot Spots will have between 12 and 16 Loot Carriers depending on the size of the location.
For a full look at the list of updates that hit Fortnite earlier today, make sure to head over to the Epic Games blog and check them all out, as there are quite a bit across all three game modes.
Take your gaming to the next level
KontrolFreek FPS Performance Freek Vortex Thumbsticks ($17 at Amazon)
When it comes to video games, making sure you have the advantage is key. These thumbsticks will ensure that by giving you better grip and better aim through three distinct level grips.
Konky PlayStation 4 Charging Dock Stand ($10 at Amazon)
Having your controller die on you in the middle of a gaming session is rough, so make sure you never have that happen again, and keep them charging at all times.
PowerA DualShock 4 Charging Station ($16 at Amazon)
Worrying about battery life can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be. Make sure your controllers are always ready to play by keeping them charged at all times!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Luna is both a safe bet and Amazon's best idea in years
Is "rolling your own" Netflix-style game library what we really want? Amazon thinks so.
Google's parent company settles shareholder lawsuit over sexual misconduct
Following sexual misconduct reports from 2018, Google has settled a shareholder lawsuit and announced major changes to how the company operates in these regards — including no severance packages for employees fired over sexual misconduct.
Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G won’t launch until weeks after September 30 event
Google’s announcing its new Pixel phones, the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G, on September 30. Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait a while longer before they actually launch.
Check out the hundreds of games available for the Oculus Quest 2
The Oculus Quest allows you to play VR games without requiring a PC, phone, or external sensors. Here's every game you can buy or download for free!