We're knee deep in another series of reviews. The Huawei P9 is coming up next. A really good, expensive phone. Maybe not the best for right now, but a solid effort and a huge step in the right direction in terms of software. I've got the Xiaomi Mi 5 on the way, too. (But be sure to read Harish's review first!)
So since it's (another) working weekend, some quick hits to get a few things off my chest ...
- Just go ahead and bookmark the Android Security 2015 Year in Review (pdf) for reference every time a ZOMGSECURITY story comes up.
- That doesn't mean don't be smart. That doesn't mean don't stay vigilant. That doesn't mean the system is perfect and won't require future updates. That just means keep things in context.
- This is what happens when new charging technology meets not-final connector specs. My take? Being technically outside of an (unfinished) spec does not immediately mean "unsafe." I'm not an EE, nor should I have to be. I have to be able trust the mechanisms in place.
- The front page of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the morning after Prince's death. One of the better ones I saw, actually. It's so easy to overthink those things.
- The "High-Res Audio Earphones" from HTC may be the best in-box accessory I've seen in years. Shame they won't be included in the United States.
- Definitely digging the new Deftones record.
- We're waiting to see what sort of back-end analytics Google provides for podcasts in Google Play Music (and if they're anything like what you get in the Android developer console, they should be pretty good). After that, we'll write up some thoughts on that whole thing.
- The short version? A good, basic start. Which is odd, since Google's so far behind on that front. It'll be interesting to see how many features it gets.
- And be sure to subscribe to the Android Central Podcast on Google Play Music. And the iMore Show, too.
- This week's book: "United," from Sen. Cory Booker.
- Time for Golovkin to actually fight someone. That wasn't all that entertaining last night.
- Got behind the wheel of a Model S last week. Hell of car. Parts of the interior aren't as nice as I expected. Display was surprisingly laggy. But I'm definitely excited for the Model 3 now.
- Even if that particular car doesn't happen for me, I'm 100 percent convinced electric is the way to go.
- By the way, TeslaCentral is officially official now!
And that's it for this week. Back to writing.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
A closer look at Android running on the Microsoft Surface Duo (video)
Microsoft's Surface Duo is coming soon, and the company has been working hard on finalizing the version of Android that will be shipping on Surface Duo later this year. Microsoft has released several emulator builds over the last few months, with each one progressing with new changes, bug fixes, and overall polish. Let's go hands-on with the latest build!
June 2020's most downloaded PS4 game was The Last of Us Part 2
The Last of Us Part 2 was the most downloaded PS4 game in June 2020. Previously, Naughty Dog had shared that sales of the game crossed 4 million copies sold in its first three days.
The Snapdragon 865+ comes with one awesome new feature: Wi-Fi 6E
We all love better performance and better gaming, but the new Snapdragon 865+ has that one more thing and it's a huge improvement: Wi-Fi 6E support.
Get your doodle on with a high-tech drawing tablet
Aching to incorporate freehand lines into your digital creations? Sounds like you need a drawing tablet! We've put together the best models for your perusing pleasure.