Facebook Android app users in the US will soon see some new Trending features, after first launching for web browser users earlier in 2014. The new features are designed to offer links to the latest news and events that are currently popular.
Facebook says that tapping on a topic in the new Trending section will show conversations in five different topics:
- Articles shows you how news organizations are covering the story.
- In the Story shows you posts from people who are part of the story.
- Friends and Groups shows you what people in your network are saying.
- Near the Scene shows you posts from people near where the story is unfolding.
- Live Feed shows you a real-time stream of reactions from people around the world.
The Trending section will show public posts, along with posts like updates from friends and groups. The features will be added to other Facebook platforms and countries in the coming months.