The prog rockers of Android expertise: Daniel Bader, Andrew Martonik, and Jerry Hildenbrand, discuss app permissions that allow developers to read your emails. More importantly, they provide information on how to prevent it from happening.
LG G7 ThinQ is a good phone that will appeal to relatively few people — and a big reason for that is lack of availability and carrier support. The crew also talk about Android P Beta 3. New features have been added as the OS marches closer to release.
In other news, ZTE is being temporarily operate in the U.S. until August 1st, although it's likely they'll reach a longer term agreement with the government before then. Plus, OxygenOS Open Beta brings Project Treble and an all-new UI to the OnePlus 5/5T. Additionally, the gang go hands-on with Moto Z3 Play, an affordable mid-range flagship most people will unfortunately ignore.
In the final act of this episode, Galaxy Note 9 is being teased for an August unveiling, while Galaxy 10 and Galaxy X rumored for 2019. So crack open an ice cold LaCriox and settle in for another packed show!
Show Notes and Links:
- App developers are going through your email
- LG G7 ThinQ review: Wide angle, narrow appeal
- Android P Beta 3 released
- How to install Android P on your Pixel right now (or roll back to Oreo)
- ZTE is being allowed to temporarily operate in the U.S. until August 1
- OxygenOS Open Beta brings Project Treble and all-new UI to OnePlus 5/5T
- Moto Z3 Play hands-on
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 rumors: Release date, specs, price, and features!
- Should you buy a Galaxy S9+ or wait for the Galaxy Note 9?
- Samsung will reportedly announce the Galaxy S10 at MWC 2019; Galaxy X at CES
Thrifter.com: All the best deals from Amazon, Best Buy, and more, fussily curated and constantly updated.
Ziprecruiter: The smartest way to hire. Try ZipRecruiter for free. That's right FREE!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Arkane Studios' work on immersive sims shouldn't be lost next generation
Arkane Studios celebrates its 20th anniversary as we look back at what makes the developer so special. Here's to another 20, Arkane.
Galaxy Note 20 could be Samsung’s first phone to come with a 5nm chipset
A new report claims Samsung will start mass production of its first 5nm Exynos chipset in August. The chipset could power the company's upcoming Galaxy Note 20 series phones.
What keyboard app are you using in 2020?
Keyboard apps can be a great way to personalize your Android phone. What one are you using in 2020 and why?
Taking your PS4 on the go? Here are the best travel accessories
Whether you've got the original model, the Slim or the Pro, if you travel with your PS4 these are the accessories to get.