What you need to know
- OnePlus has started rolling out the second software update for the OnePlus Nord.
- The new OxygenOS 10.5.2 update brings support for the OnePlus Buds and the latest July 2020 Android security patch.
- It also includes a few minor camera improvements.
The new OxygenOS 10.5.2 update brings support for the company's new OnePlus Buds true wireless earbuds, optimizes video calling performance and the "process of starting camera with gestures," system stability improvements, and a few bug fixes. It also adds the latest July 2020 security patch to the mid-range phone. OnePlus claims to have made a few improvements to the camera experience as well with the latest update.
Here's the full changelog:
- Newly adapted OnePlus Buds firmware, easier to take advantage of wireless connection
- Newly adapted Dailyhunt with 90Hz refresh rate (IN only)
- Optimized the process of starting camera with gestures
- Optimized video calling performance
- Improved system stability and fixed general issues
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.07
- Optimized power efficiency for front camera video shooting at 4K 60fps
- Improved camera experience and system stability
Since OnePlus hasn't started shipping the Nord to consumers just yet, the update is currently rolling out only to review units. However, consumers who pre-order the OnePlus Nord next week should receive the OxygenOS 10.5.2 update as soon as they finish setting up the phone.
The OnePlus Nord will be going on sale in India and select markets across Europe from August 4. It starts at €399 in Europe, ₹24,999 in India, and £379 in the UK.
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the Android Central team.