Daniel Bader is back from South Korea, and he has plenty of insight to share with Andrew Martonik and Jerry Hildenbrand about the (finally official) LG G7 ThinQ. But first, Sprint and T-Mobile are merging to become a Voltron of cellular service in the United States. They discuss the business rationale behind this alliance; as well as pros and cons of this news from a customer perspective.
The crew also look ahead with a preview of Google I/O 2018 and new Google Assistant features on Wear OS. Put this show in your earholes now!
Show Notes and Links:
- Sprint and T-Mobile are merging
- The T-Mobile / Sprint merger may be good news, but it probably isn't
- LG G7 ThinQ hands-on preview: All about that bass
- LG G7 specs
- MrMobile can't stop ThinQing about the LG G7
- Google I/O 2018 preview: All of the big announcements you can expect
- Google Assistant on Wear OS gets smart suggestions and Assistant actions
- Thrifter.com: All the best deals from Amazon, Best Buy, and more, fussily curated and constantly updated.
- GameStash: Hundreds of awesome games on your Android phone. Try it free for 14 days!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro makes the 108MP camera accessible to everyone
With the Mi 10T Pro, Xiaomi is redefining the value segment. The phone features an outstanding 108MP camera, Snapdragon 865 chipset, and a 144Hz display backed by a massive 5000mAh battery. But the standout feature is the asking price, with the Mi 10T Pro available for just ₹39,999 ($542), making it a standout value.
Nest Secure is discontinued — here's what's going on and why it matters
Nest's home security alarm system is only three years old, and yet its already heading to the Google Graveyard. This announcement is sudden, unexpected, and quite honestly unreasonable on Google's part, as it leaves users and their home safety in limbo.
You probably shouldn't use Apple's MagSafe charger on your Android phone
The science behind wireless charging says not to put anything magnetic close to either side. Apple did the work to make it safe, but chances are other phone makers haven't. Yet.
Here are the best phones you can get for Sprint/T-Mobile
Sprint has officially be laid to rest and is now part of the T-Mobile family. If you're looking for a new phone under the T-Mobile brand, here are the ones you should consider!