Samsung announced the Galaxy S5 Android Smartphone at Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona, Spain. The Galaxy S5, follow-up (naturally) to 2013's Galaxy S4, has a 5.1-inch display at 1080p. It's powered by a Snapdragon 8001 processor at 2.5 GHz. (That's still subject to change based on region.)
It's also running Android 4.4.2 out of the box, with 16 or 32GB of internal storage, SDXC external storage, and sports a 16-megapixel camera with a new flash technology. The battery is 2,800 mAh. You can follow the link below for the full device specifications.
With the Galaxy S5, Samsung introduces some new design language for their version of Android, lovingly known as TouchWiz. Things are flatter, more dynamic, and everything has a little more polish that previous versions. There are also new Samsung applications to explore, and features like a heart-rate monitor and fingerprint scanner should provide for a unique experience.
Samsung has built on their success with the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4 here, and users coming from either device will feel right at home. At the same time, there's plenty of new and exciting features built atop of the things they're familiar with.
Samsung will be launching the Galaxy S5 globally in the first half of 2014.
Top Samsung Galaxy S5 Stories
Recent Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum Threads
- Will you get the Galaxy S5 the day it is available for your carrier, or wait....
- Galaxy S5: 699/799? Forget it
- Galaxy S5 or Sony Experia Z2
- Galaxy S5 Versus Note 3
- Samsung galaxy s5 wallpaper Official Lock Screen HD
- Galaxy S5 metal version coming in May?
- Share your Galaxy S5 camera photos, videos, and thoughts!
- Which Galaxy S5 color will you get?
- Galaxy S5 Release Dates & Order/Shipping Discussion
- Why are you choosing Galaxy S5 ?
- See All Threads