Samsung's My Magazine feature on the Galaxy S5 is similar to HTC's BlinkFeed feature. It can filter in news stories and social updates from various networks for easy access in just a swipe. However, if you don't like My Magazine you can easily disable it altogether. Here's how:
How to disable 'My Magazine' the simple way
- On any home screen page, long-press the task-switching button (to the left of the home key), or long-press on any blank space
- Click the Home Screen Settings button in the menu that appears.
- From the Home Screen Settings menu, uncheck *My Magazine**.
- Press the home key to go back and enjoy the TouchWiz home screen launcher without Samsung's magazine add-on!
How to kill 'My Magazine' entirely
- Launch the Settings app on your Galaxy S5.
- Scroll all the way down and under the Applications section, tap on Application Manager.
- Swipe over to the All section and then scroll down to the M's and tap on My Magazine.
- Now tap on Turn Off or Disable.
- Confirm you'd really like to turn the feature off in the warning popup by tapping OK.
That's it. My Magazine now won't be accessible from the Home screen of your Galaxy S5. If you ever decide you want it back again, just follow the same steps over again.
How do you feel about add-ons like My Magazine and BlinkFeed? Are they services you use or just another stock service you end up disabling right away? Let me know in the comments!
These are the best apps for your Android device — period
It can be difficult to find the "right" app when surfing the Play Store simply due to the sheer number of options available. Regardless of what type of app you're looking for, there's an app that can help make your life easier.
You can now pre-order Motorola’s foldable RAZR on Verizon for $1,500
Motorola's foldable RAZR reboot is finally up for pre-order in the U.S for $1,500.
Are you going to keep your Galaxy S10 throughout 2020?
There are a lot of exciting phones set to come out in 2020, but the Galaxy S10 still has plenty of kick left in it. If you own the phone, do you plan on keeping it throughout this year?
Build you own phone cleaning kit without breaking the bank
We use our phones everywhere and expose them to all kinds of nastiness. Purify your phone with these affordable cleaning supplies.