Samsung's My Magazine feature on the Galaxy S5 is similar to HTC's BlinkFeed feature. It can filter in news stories and social updates from various networks for easy access in just a swipe. However, if you don't like My Magazine you can easily disable it altogether. Here's how:
How to disable 'My Magazine' the simple way
- On any home screen page, long-press the task-switching button (to the left of the home key), or long-press on any blank space
- Click the Home Screen Settings button in the menu that appears.
- From the Home Screen Settings menu, uncheck *My Magazine**.
- Press the home key to go back and enjoy the TouchWiz home screen launcher without Samsung's magazine add-on!
How to kill 'My Magazine' entirely
- Launch the Settings app on your Galaxy S5.
- Scroll all the way down and under the Applications section, tap on Application Manager.
- Swipe over to the All section and then scroll down to the M's and tap on My Magazine.
- Now tap on Turn Off or Disable.
- Confirm you'd really like to turn the feature off in the warning popup by tapping OK.
That's it. My Magazine now won't be accessible from the Home screen of your Galaxy S5. If you ever decide you want it back again, just follow the same steps over again.
How do you feel about add-ons like My Magazine and BlinkFeed? Are they services you use or just another stock service you end up disabling right away? Let me know in the comments!
Buy a Synology NAS to boost your home network storage productivity!
With a network attached storage enclosure, you can easily back up data from all devices on your home network, and you can use it as a powerful media server. With options starting off from just $100, these are the best Synology NAS enclosures for home use.
At this point, Google should just launch the Pixel 4a with the Pixel 5
With delay after delay pushing back the Pixel 4a's launch into July and possibly August, it would make a lot of sense for Google to simply call it the Pixel 5a and launch it alongside the Pixel 5 in October.
Google is playing the long game with its hardware company acquisitions
Why does Google keep buying companies that it doesn't always know what to do with?
Charge faster than ever with these fast chargers for the Fire HD 8 (2020)
Amazon finally smartened up and brought both USB-C and fast charging capabilities to the new Fire HD 8 (2020). As the rest of the world has largely moved away from microUSB, this is a long overdue change, but a welcome one nonetheless. Now that you'll get fast charging on your Fire HD 8 (2020), you'll need a great fast charger and these are our favorites.