Samsung's My Magazine feature on the Galaxy S5 is similar to HTC's BlinkFeed feature. It can filter in news stories and social updates from various networks for easy access in just a swipe. However, if you don't like My Magazine you can easily disable it altogether. Here's how:
How to disable 'My Magazine' the simple way
- On any home screen page, long-press the task-switching button (to the left of the home key), or long-press on any blank space
- Click the Home Screen Settings button in the menu that appears.
- From the Home Screen Settings menu, uncheck *My Magazine**.
- Press the home key to go back and enjoy the TouchWiz home screen launcher without Samsung's magazine add-on!
How to kill 'My Magazine' entirely
- Launch the Settings app on your Galaxy S5.
- Scroll all the way down and under the Applications section, tap on Application Manager.
- Swipe over to the All section and then scroll down to the M's and tap on My Magazine.
- Now tap on Turn Off or Disable.
- Confirm you'd really like to turn the feature off in the warning popup by tapping OK.
That's it. My Magazine now won't be accessible from the Home screen of your Galaxy S5. If you ever decide you want it back again, just follow the same steps over again.
How do you feel about add-ons like My Magazine and BlinkFeed? Are they services you use or just another stock service you end up disabling right away? Let me know in the comments!
Do you regularly use a VPN?
We all know what VPNs are, but how many of us actually use these services? Here's what our AC forum members have to say.
Galaxy A71 successor will be Samsung's first phone with five cameras
According to a new report, Galaxy A72 will be Samsung's first phone to have five rear cameras. Like its predecessor, the phone is tipped to feature a 64MP primary sensor.
6 things that still really annoy us about Chromebooks in 2020
Chromebooks get better every year, but for all their advancements, they just can't seem to break out of some very nasty, very old habits. Here's what I hate about my most beloved laptops.
Keep your Galaxy Note 10 Lite looking pristine with the best cases
Getting a new phone is always exciting, especially when it's as intriguing as the Note 10 Lite. You still need to protect your investment and these are the best cases you can get today!