Just over a year after it took over the 7-inch Android tablet market with the original Nexus 7, Google released an updated version bearing the same name. The so-called "New Nexus 7" is again built by ASUS and keeps the same screen size, but picks up improvements across the board. It has a much higher resolution 1920x1200 display, a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor and 2GB of RAM. The tablet picks up a more premium feel with better material choices and smaller side bezels, and even adds a 5MP rear-facing camera.
Even with all of the changes, the Nexus 7 only bumped up to $229 for a 16GB Wifi model. It was officially unveiled at an event in San Francisco on July 24th, 2013 alongside Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Recent Nexus 7 (2013) Forum Threads
- help ! storage in 16GB
- After a week with the Nexus 7 I am sending it back
- restarted after a week. its fault or mine?
- Can I use the share button to send a facebook message?
- Nexus 7 Restarting at random
- Nexus 7: I am so disappointed in this tablet... I want to sell it :(
- Removing widgets from the home screens
- Adding labels in the gmail app?
- Noticeable Delay Snapping Pictures with Stock Camera App
- How do I backup and restore my Nexus 7 (2013)?
- See All Threads