Just over a year after it took over the 7-inch Android tablet market with the original Nexus 7, Google released an updated version bearing the same name. The so-called "New Nexus 7" is again built by ASUS and keeps the same screen size, but picks up improvements across the board. It has a much higher resolution 1920x1200 display, a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor and 2GB of RAM. The tablet picks up a more premium feel with better material choices and smaller side bezels, and even adds a 5MP rear-facing camera.
Even with all of the changes, the Nexus 7 only bumped up to $229 for a 16GB Wifi model. It was officially unveiled at an event in San Francisco on July 24th, 2013 alongside Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Recent Nexus 7 (2013) Forum Threads
- live koi wallpaper became all black?
- My first Android tablet (Nexus 7) came today. My first impressions
- Noticeable Delay Snapping Pictures with Stock Camera App
- Nexus 7 (2013) Stuck on X
- focal length of the cameras
- Nexus 7 still has touch screen problems
- WiFi file transfer speeds vary greatly with two different techniques. Why?
- Anybody send in their Nexus 7 to Asus for warranty repair?
- Nexus 7 keeps loosing apps
- Using Slimport while Playing Google Play Movies Results in No Content on TV
- See All Threads