Just over a year after it took over the 7-inch Android tablet market with the original Nexus 7, Google released an updated version bearing the same name. The so-called "New Nexus 7" is again built by ASUS and keeps the same screen size, but picks up improvements across the board. It has a much higher resolution 1920x1200 display, a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor and 2GB of RAM. The tablet picks up a more premium feel with better material choices and smaller side bezels, and even adds a 5MP rear-facing camera.
Even with all of the changes, the Nexus 7 only bumped up to $229 for a 16GB Wifi model. It was officially unveiled at an event in San Francisco on July 24th, 2013 alongside Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Recent Nexus 7 (2013) Forum Threads
- SwiftKey problems
- Nexus 7 LTE and Skype?
- Nexus 7 (2013): No Chromecast option on Google Play Music
- Restrict Web Browsing
- Google Now Launcher reset
- Nexus 7: KitKat Klean-Up
- Nexus 7: Battery drain and CPU usage bug found in 4.4.2
- Nexus 7: Battery draining in sleep mode
- Wallpaper Rotation Zoom Bug
- Nexus 7: GPS toggle on "Location consent" annoyance!
- See All Threads