Google has selected the winners of the inaugural Google Play Awards at I/O 2016, highlighting this year's best apps and games. The search giant has picked apps and games from a variety of categories, focusing on metrics like innovation and app quality, or apps that make the best use of Google Play's game services or Material Design guidelines. Interior design app Houzz has picked up the honor of the best app, while popular multiplayer title Clash Royale was awarded the best game.
Here's the full list of this year's winners:
- Best App: Houzz
- Best Early Adopter: World Around Me
- Best Families App: Thinkrolls 2
- Best Go Global: Pokemon Shuffle Mobile
- Best Game: Clash Royale
- Most Innovative: NYT VR
- Best Use of Material Design: Robinhood
- Best Standout Indie: Alphabear
- Best Use of Google Play Game Services: Table Tennis Touch
- Best Standout Startup: Hopper
Google picked the winners from a shortlist of five apps across ten categories. Head to the link below to see all the apps nominated for the Google Play Awards.