Here she be, folks. The Motorola Droid 3 on Verizon. We're knee deep into this sucker right now. But our initial thoughts are that this is a pretty worth upgrade to the Droid 2, even if nobody seems to be making a big deal out of it. Fast with a dual-core 1GHz processor. A larger, 4-inch display at qHD (960x540) resolution. And Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread -- egads, the most recent version of Android! -- on there to boot.
Other specs to note:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 5-row keyboard with dedicated number row
- Display: 4-inch qHD (960x540)
- Processor: Dual core TI OMAP at 1 GHz
- RAM: 512MB
- Storage: 16GB internal, support for up to 32GB microSD card
- Front camera: VGA
- Rear camera: 8MP with LED flash
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 4.9 x 0.5 inches
- Weight: 6.49 ounces
- Cellular data: CDMA/Quadband GSM/Triband UMTS
- Battery: 1540 mAh (up to 550 minutes talk time, 300 hours standby time)
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB 2.0, HDMI, DLNA
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- FM radio
- Video: 1080p video capture (up to 30 fps), 1080p output via HDMI
We've got lots more on the way. For now, feast your eyes on the quick hands-on video above.
Update: And now with plenty of pics below!
- Related devices: