Here she be, folks. The Motorola Droid 3 on Verizon. We're knee deep into this sucker right now. But our initial thoughts are that this is a pretty worth upgrade to the Droid 2, even if nobody seems to be making a big deal out of it. Fast with a dual-core 1GHz processor. A larger, 4-inch display at qHD (960x540) resolution. And Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread -- egads, the most recent version of Android! -- on there to boot.
Other specs to note:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 5-row keyboard with dedicated number row
- Display: 4-inch qHD (960x540)
- Processor: Dual core TI OMAP at 1 GHz
- RAM: 512MB
- Storage: 16GB internal, support for up to 32GB microSD card
- Front camera: VGA
- Rear camera: 8MP with LED flash
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 4.9 x 0.5 inches
- Weight: 6.49 ounces
- Cellular data: CDMA/Quadband GSM/Triband UMTS
- Battery: 1540 mAh (up to 550 minutes talk time, 300 hours standby time)
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB 2.0, HDMI, DLNA
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- FM radio
- Video: 1080p video capture (up to 30 fps), 1080p output via HDMI
We've got lots more on the way. For now, feast your eyes on the quick hands-on video above.
Update: And now with plenty of pics below!
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the Android Central team.