Right now you can pick up D-Link's Smart Plug for just $19.99 (opens in new tab) at Amazon, which is a savings of $10 from its regular price. This smart plug works with both Amazon's Alexa (opens in new tab) and Google's Assistant (opens in new tab), meaning you can use just your voice to control the power to the outlet if you wanted. It can also be controlled from the mydlink app, which is available on both iOS and Android.
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for voice control (devices sold separately)
- Turn devices on or off from your smartphone or tablet from anywhere. Create on/off schedules for your devices
- Easy setup. Designed to work with existing Wi-Fi networks (no additional hub required)
- Use with other mydlink Home devices and the free mydlink Home app to create a smarter, more secure and more aware home. Works with any smartphone or tablet running Android 4.1 or higher or iOS 7.0 and higher
- Electrical rating of 120V/15A/60Hz/1800W (for indoor use). IFTTT compatible - Pair with any IFTTT enabled product or app to connect your Wi-Fi Smart Plug to the world in fun and useful ways
At this price, you may want to pick up a couple of these to have around the house. They are great for controlling your lamps, fans, and other household accessories. You can also pick up a 2-pack of TP-Link's smart plugs for $40 (opens in new tab) with coupon code 15SMARTKIT at Amazon right now.
See at Amazon (opens in new tab)
More from Thrifter
For more great deals, be sure to check out our friends at Thrifter now!
Question. So if I want to use it say with a Keurig, it still won't turn the Keurig on as the coffee machine still has a rocker switch to turn it on and off.
If the Keurig starts brewing as soon as the rocker switch is toggled to on (and it receives power), then a smart switch will work with it. You just leave the rocker switch on all of the time and use the smart switch to turn it on and off. But if you have to press a button to actually start the brewing process, then this won't gain you anything.
Thanks. At least it will warm up so all I have to do is hit the button and not turn it on and wait for it to heat up.
I have 220 volts and to Halogen lamps 100 watt bulb. Today I have connected a dimmer, and I have Philips Hue throughout the apartment + Goggle Home Assistent. I would like to be able to control the tow lamps whit Goggle Home Assistent. As far as I can understand it will not show up in the Philips Hue App ?
Best regards Bo Cramer
Do you have an email address to the company ?
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.