On November 9, 2015, The TAG Heuer Connected Watch was unveiled at a press conference TAG Heuer CEO, Jean-Claude Biver. The Android Wear-powered smartwatch is the first from TAG Heuer, and based off the design on the Carrera Calibre. The Connected has a 46mm face with a sapphire crystal touchscreen, and also features an IP67 water resistance rating. Seven straps are available for the Connected (blue, black, red, white, yellow, green, and orange) in stores, however only black is available online.
- Size: 46mm
- Thickness: 12.8mm
- Weight: 52gm
- Display: Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, 1.5in fully circular transflective LTPS LCD display, 360x360, 240ppi
- CPU: 1.6GHz dual core processor
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 4GB
- Battery: 410mAh
- Sensors: Gyroscope, tilt detection sensor, microphone, haptic engine
- Connectivity: Bluetooth BLE 4.1 - WLAN 2.4 GHz 802.11 B/G/N
- Strap: Vulcanized rubber strap with grade 2 titanium folding clasp and safety push-buttons,
- Strap Colors: green, blue, orange, red, white, black, yellow.
The Connected does not support standard health tracking functions of Android Wear, however other features are fully supported.
The TAG Heuer Connected went on sale in Europe on November 12, and the company offered the watch in the US on November 9. The Connected retails for $1,500.