What you need to know
- T-Mobile has started rolling out the OxygenOS 11 update to the OnePlus 7T and 7 Pro.
- These updates bring Android 11 as well as OnePlus's own small tweaks to the older flagships.
- According to T-Mobile, these updates started rolling out around the 9th of April.
T-Mobile has started rolling out the OxygenOS 11 update to the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7T this month (via 9to5Google). Users of OnePlus's phones will now get the company's latest stable software package. This will take the operating system to Android 11, joining the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 9-series.
Other than Android 11, OxygenOS 11 brings refinement to the interface, enhancements to dark mode, HEVC recording support, a revamped camera UI, a selection of new Ambient Display clock styles, and more. Like with the global rollout, this only includes the February security update, a pitfall that stops OnePlus from being one of the very best Android phones. Samsung and Google are, by comparison, much quicker.
For those interested, here's the full changelog:
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings - Customization - Wallpaper - Canvas - Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings - Display - Dark Mode - Turn on automatically - Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
Have you recieved the OxygenOS update on your T-Mobile OnePlus 7T or 7 Pro? Let us know in the comments below.
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android