Samsung and AT&T this morning announced the Samsung Rugby Smart, a 3.7-inch Android 2.3 smartphone that should stand up to a beating or a soaking or any sort of other torture you might put it through.
In addition to being dustproof, it can be submerged in up to 1 meter of water for as long as 30 minutes -- quite a bit longer than you'd last -- and is also hardened against humidity, rain, shock and extreme tempertatures. Specs include:
- Operating System: Android 2.3
- Display: 3.7-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display
- External Memory: Supports up to 32GB via microSD™
- Internal Memory: 4GB
- Dimensions: 122.4mm x 65.9mm x 12.19mm
- Weight: 4.2 oz
- Camera: 5MP rear facing with flash and auto focus with HD 720p video capture; 1.3 MP front facing camera;
- Battery: 1650 mAh LiIon Poly
- Talk Time: Up to 8 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 16 days
The Rugby Smart will cost $99 with a two-year contract. We've got a couple videos of the Rugby Smart after the break.
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.