What you need to know
- The stable OxygenOS 11 update is finally here for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro.
- Unfortunately, the update doesn't bring the latest March 2021 Android security patch to the two phones.
- Just as expected, the update will have a staged rollout.
The company has now announced (opens in new tab) that it has released the stable Android 11 update for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro phones as well. Both phones received their fourth OxygenOS 11 Open Beta build last week.
Unsurprisingly, the OxygenOS 11 build for the OnePlus 7 series is nearly identical to the one for the OnePlus 7T series. The major highlights include a revamped UI design, schedulable dark mode, HEVC video recording support, an updated camera UI, new Ambient Display clock styles, a refreshed Shelf interface design, and an improved Gallery app. Disappointingly, the update only includes the February 2021 Android security patch. It also doesn't bring the Always-on Display feature, which is currently limited to the company's best Android phones.
Here's the full changelog:
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings - Customization - Wallpaper - Canvas - Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings - Display - Dark Mode - Turn on automatically - Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
The OxygenOS 11 update for the OnePlus 7 series is being rolled out in stages, which means only a limited number of users will receive it today. OnePlus says a broader rollout will begin in a few days.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.