OnePlus 7 series finally gets its stable Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 update
What you need to know
- The stable OxygenOS 11 update is finally here for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro.
- Unfortunately, the update doesn't bring the latest March 2021 Android security patch to the two phones.
- Just as expected, the update will have a staged rollout.
After a longer than expected wait, OnePlus finally started rolling out the stable Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 update for the OnePlus 7T series phones earlier this week.
The company has now announced (opens in new tab) that it has released the stable Android 11 update for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro phones as well. Both phones received their fourth OxygenOS 11 Open Beta build last week.
Unsurprisingly, the OxygenOS 11 build for the OnePlus 7 series is nearly identical to the one for the OnePlus 7T series. The major highlights include a revamped UI design, schedulable dark mode, HEVC video recording support, an updated camera UI, new Ambient Display clock styles, a refreshed Shelf interface design, and an improved Gallery app. Disappointingly, the update only includes the February 2021 Android security patch. It also doesn't bring the Always-on Display feature, which is currently limited to the company's best Android phones.
Here's the full changelog:
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings - Customization - Wallpaper - Canvas - Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings - Display - Dark Mode - Turn on automatically - Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
The OxygenOS 11 update for the OnePlus 7 series is being rolled out in stages, which means only a limited number of users will receive it today. OnePlus says a broader rollout will begin in a few days.
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.