What you need to know
- OnePlus has started rolling out the OxygenOS 10.3.5 update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T.
- The update adds support for the company's new OnePlus Buds true wireless earbuds and brings optimized RAM management.
- The July 2020 Android security patch is included too.
OnePlus rolled out new OxygenOS updates for the OnePlus 8 series and OnePlus Nord earlier this month, adding official support for its first pair of true wireless earbuds. A similar update has now started rolling out to the OnePlus 6 and 6T phones.
In addition to adding support for the OnePlus Buds, the new OxygenOS 10.3.5 update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T comes with a few other improvements as well. According to the official changelog, the update includes optimizations for RAM management, system stability improvements, and an updated Google Mobile Services (GMS) package.
The random crash issue when browsing the web on Chrome has been fixed, along with the black screen issue when opening the logkit app. Just like the recent OxygenOS updates rolled out to newer OnePlus phones, the latest update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T comes with the July 2020 Android security patch as well.
Here's the full changelog:
- Optimized RAM management
- Newly adapted OnePlus Buds, easier to take advantage of wireless connection
- Fixed the crash issue when browsing on Chrome
- Fixed the black screen issue when opening logkit
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.07
- Updated GMS package to 2020.05
OnePlus says the update will roll out in stages, so not everyone will receive it today. A broader rollout is expected to begin in a few days. If you do not want to wait, you can get the update right away with the help of the third-party Oxygen Updater app from the Play Store.
Get More OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 & 8 Pro
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.