Looks like T-Mobile is starting to push out a minor update to both the Motorola Cliq and the Samsung Behold 2. Motorola had previously confirmed that an update would be coming to the Cliq this week, so it's not the biggest of surprises but it's always nice to have companies follow on their word. The Cliq update started to roll out yesterday, February 18th, so check your system update to see if you got it. The Samsung Behold 2's update should fall between February 18th and February 25th, so be on the look out!
Hit the jump to see what the updates fix. Let us know if you see any performance upgrades after the update!
- Improved battery life
- New Manage SIM card application
- Support of .WMA and .WAV media files
- Removal of the imeem mobile application
- Improved software performance and stability
Samsung Behold 2:
Known issues solved:
- Bluetooth error: Unable to Pair or Unable to connect device
- Battery indicator may display more charge than the phone has
- Holding menu opens keypad, but does not respond, now goes to contacts
- Phone constantly vibrates
- Memory Card un-mounts and re-mounts intermittently
- Music plays automatically when accessing the music player
- Incoming e-mails do not show the return email address
- Corporate emails stop syncing
- Apps added (Evernote, Where's Waldo & Midnight Bowl 2)
- Music Player auto-play upon launch corrected
- “About” phone menu added to Settings, Quick List>Settings>About Phone
- Boot screen animation change (now Samsung logo)
- Delay reduction for proximity sensor while on a call
- Battery icon status in notification bar now matches screen lock battery status
It's time to stop using SMS for two-factor authentication
Not all 2FA is equal. Using SMS to get a code might not be "better than nothing" after all.
Fresh Surface Duo renders are here, reportedly coming to AT&T
Microsoft hasn't exactly been camera shy with the Surface Duo, but a new set of renders have leaked that offer an even closer look at the device. Alongside the leaked images, the leaker says Duo will be headed to AT&T in the U.S.
24 hours with the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Big, beautiful, and backwards
It's still too early to give any conclusive thoughts on the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, but Samsung's latest flagship is already proving to be a tremendous phone in more ways than one.
These cases provide all the protection your Galaxy A11 will need
If you want to go with Samsung but don't want to get a flagship like the S20, why not go with a more budget-friendly option like the Galaxy A11? This phone gives you the look of a flagship smartphone at just a portion of the cost. But even though you're saving some dough, you'll want to make sure that your investment is protected, so why not get a new case?