Microsoft rolls out official Xbox app with revamped experience
Microsoft has rolled out an official version of its Xbox app for iOS and Android. Already available for the company's own Windows platform, those rocking competitor mobile handsets will now be able to remain up-to-date with all things Xbox. With the app installed, it's possible to track accomplishments, see what your friends are currently playing, as well as purchase new titles from the Xbox Store.
The Xbox app on both iOS and Android are actually revamped successors to the old Xbox SmartGlass offerings. That said, everything you enjoyed using in the old app should remain available in this new updated experience, but will added features and more. Here's a quick run down of everything new this month:
- Updated home – The Activity Feed is the home of the Xbox app
- Activity feed updates – More personalised activity feed
- Added Trending content – Find out what is popular on Xbox Live
- Facebook friend finder – Add your Facebook friends who are also on Xbox
- Contact list friend finder – Use your phones contact list to add friends to Xbox Live
- Real name sharing – Be able to share your real name with your friends
- Game hubs – Game Hubs now added to Xbox app
- Connection destination – Updated the Xbox One navigation and media control of your Xbox One from the app
- Updated profiles – Redesigned user profiles in Xbox app
Download the updated app (opens in new tab) from the Play Store and let us know how you get on!
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.
This app has been available since the Xbox One was out, and this update has been available in beta for a while. It's not new.
Thus the term "revamped" that was used multiple times in the title and following article....
First 2 sentences makes it sound as if this is a brand new app: "Microsoft has rolled out an official version of its Xbox app for iOS and Android. Already available for the company's own Windows platform, those rocking competitor mobile handsets will now be able to remain up-to-date with all things Xbox." I read the rest of the article. They mentioned it being a successor to SmartGlass, but Microsoft hasn't used the SmartGlass name for the past 2 or 3 major updates now. So yea, even with the "revamp" angle, this new update isn't really all that different from the previous couple of versions, only now they surface the social feed first when you open the app.
Yeah,they totally made it sound like a brand new app. Posted via the Android Central App
but if the design is the same that use Windows Mobile 10 , can even say that might be an porting from
Microsoft apps where still had the Smart glass tag. This revamped app removed the Smart glass name and changed the feed. So the article was right smart ass. Posted via the Android Central App
This isn't just the Xbox one smart glass app?Seems like it. Posted via the Android Central App
That's all it is. Nothing new here. Posted via the Android Central App