LG announced today that, in addition to the Google Store, U.S. customers can now get their hands on the LG Watch Urbane through Verizon and AT&T, with both carriers listing the device at $349.
For your money, you'll nab a water and dust resistant Android Wear-powered smartwatch with a 1.2-inch P-OLED display, 410mAh battery, and swappable straps. Additionally, the LG Watch Urbane is the first device to sport the latest version of Android Wear, which packs support for GPS and Wifi, wrist-flick gestures, drawable emoji, and always-on apps.
AT&T and Verizon join the Google Store in making the LG Watch Urbane available to U.S. customers. However, both carriers look to be stocking just the silver version at the moment, so you'll have to hit up the Google Store if gold is more your style. In any case, if you're mulling over a purchase, be sure to check out our hands-on with the device from the link below.
Premium LG Watch Urbane On Sale In The U.S.
Elegantly Designed Smartwatch is the First Android Wear Device Featuring Latest OS
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., April 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The new LG Watch Urbane from LG Electronics will be available for purchase in the U.S. starting today on Google Play and through AT&T and Verizon. LG Watch Urbane is the first new smartwatch powered by the latest version of Android Wear, which works seamlessly with premium smartphones, such as the all-new LG G4, running Android 4.3 and above.
Thd LG Watch Urbane took MWC 2015 by storm, receiving numerous awards and accolades for its modern design, full-circle Plastic OLED (P-OLED) display and overall usefulness. Using the 1.3-inch P-OLED display from the popular LG G Watch R, and the LG Watch Urbane features smaller dimensions overall and is thinner, without reducing the size of the display or the battery.
Responding to consumers' desire for style as well as function, the LG Watch Urbane has a stainless steel body available in a luxurious polished rose gold and silver, accentuated further with a narrow bezel that gives the device the sleek lines of a classic timepiece. A stitched genuine leather strap gives it a smart look, but it can also be exchanged with any replacement 22mm leather, silicone or metal strap for the ultimate in personalization.
Watch Urbane Wearers are First to Enjoy New Android Wear OS Benefits
The LG Watch Urbane is the first Android Wear device available with new functionality that makes it even easier to get the information and access to apps you want.
- Stay in Touch Without Your Phone: Wi-Fi connectivity keeps you connected to your smarpthone from anywhere, letting you get notifications and messages even if you don't have your phone with you.
- Remain Active Even in Sleep Mode: Apps operate in always-on, ambient mode letting you view the app without having to wake the device when running, navigating or even grocery shopping.
- Quick Access to Apps and Contacts: An improved UX makes launching favorite apps and getting in touch with friends easier with simple taps and gesture scrolling.
- Draw Fun Emojis: Send emojis by drawing them directly on the LG Watch Urbane. Draw a smiley face, a clock showing a certain time or any other pictures and Android Wear will match your drawing to the closest Unicode emoji to send.
- Never Miss an Important Notification: You can change the font size and see notifications even when looking at another function on the display, such as directions.
- Automatic Lock: The screen on the LG Watch Urbane can now be set to lock automatically when it is removed from the wrist.
- Only Android Wear Device with Calling Features
- Included in LG Watch Urbane are two new and useful features not available on other Android Wear devices:
Dial Out from the Watch Urbane: With LG Call, access recent calls and the favorite contacts list stored on the connected smartphone to make calls directly from the watch. When connected to a Bluetooth headset, there is no need to remove the phone from one's pocket to place a call. Monitor Your Heart Rate: LG Pulse measures the wearer's heart rate during exercise with no maximum time limit. At the end of the activity, LG Pulse will report the average heart rate over the entire duration of the activity and display a heart rate graph on LG Health (coming soon). "The LG Watch Urbane is the third Android Wear device introduced by LG in the past year which demonstrates our commitment to this platform," said Juno Cho, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "More importantly, LG Watch Urbane is a perfect example that Android Wear watches can be functional and beautiful, making it a useful accessory that complements any wardrobe. No one would mistake LG Watch Urbane for a computer on your wrist."
National retail and carrier partners will announce price and additional purchase details at the time of availability.
- Chipset: 1.2GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400
- Operating System: Android Wear™
- Display: 1.3-inch P-OLED Display (320 x 320, 245ppi)
- Size: 45.5 x 52.2 x 10.9mm
- Memory: 4GB eMMC / 512MB LPDDR2
- Battery: 410mAh
- Sensors: 9-Axis (Gyro / Accelerometer / Compass) / Barometer / PPG (Heart Rate Sensor)
- Color: Rose Gold / Silver
- Other: Dust and Water Resistance (IP67)
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a global leader and trend setter in the mobile and wearable industry with breakthrough technologies and innovative designs. By continually developing highly competitive core technologies in the areas of display, battery, camera optics and LTE technology, LG creates handsets and wearables that fit the lifestyles of a wide range of people all over the world. While helping to enhance the mobile user experience by incorporating unique, sophisticated designs and intuitive UX features, LG is also committed to guiding consumers into the era of convergence and Internet of Things, maximizing inter-device connectivity between a wide range of smartphones, tablets, wearables, home and portable electronics products. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
It's time to stop using SMS for two-factor authentication
Not all 2FA is equal. Using SMS to get a code might not be "better than nothing" after all.
Fresh Surface Duo renders are here, reportedly coming to AT&T
Microsoft hasn't exactly been camera shy with the Surface Duo, but a new set of renders have leaked that offer an even closer look at the device. Alongside the leaked images, the leaker says Duo will be headed to AT&T in the U.S.
24 hours with the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Big, beautiful, and backwards
It's still too early to give any conclusive thoughts on the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, but Samsung's latest flagship is already proving to be a tremendous phone in more ways than one.
Safeguard your TicWatch S2 with a screen protector
Getting a screen protector for your TicWatch S2 is a must, which is why we've done the research and found the best options for you.