AT&T today announced the US carrier will launch the HTC Desire Eye and the HTC RE camera on November 7 both online and in-store. As previously covered, the Desire Eye will be a launch exclusive on AT&T, available just in time for the approaching holiday season. Prepare yourself for the ultimate selfie machine and a new take on portable videography.
If you were thinking of picking the Desire Eye up on AT&T for cheap, you'll need to prepare yourself to part with $549.99 when purchasing with no plan, $149.99 with a two-year agreement, or for free on AT&T Next and AT&T Next 12 plans. Buying the Desire Eye will also make you eligible for $50 off the RE camera through AT&T (on select plans).
The HTC Desire Eye is a 5.2-inch smartphone with specifications very similar to the flagship One M8, only in a polycarbonate body — and with a 13-megapixel camera both on the front and the rear.
Interested to learn more about the smartphone? Check out our hands-on with the HTC Desire Eye. Also, see the below press release for more details on the AT&T launch.
DALLAS, Nov. 3, 2014 – Get the Desire EYE and RE by HTC in time for the holidays. AT&T today confirmed that the HTC Desire EYE and RE will be available for purchase beginning Nov. 7 at www.att.com and in AT&T retail stores.
Purchase the HTC Desire EYE in Coral Reef (white) for $0 down on an AT&T Next plan for $22.92 per month on AT&T Next 18 or $27.50 per month on AT&T Next 12. You can also get the smartphone for $149.99 with a two-year agreement or at no annual commitment for $549.99.
Additionally, customers can save $50 on a RE by HTC, a 16MP point and shoot camera, when they purchase the HTC Desire EYE on an AT&T Next plan or a two-year agreement.
"Optimized for taking selfies, HTC Desire EYE is AT&T's first smartphone with a 13MP front-facing camera and a dual LED flash," said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president – Device Marketing and Developer Services, AT&T. "Both HTC Desire EYE and RE have many great features that allow you to capture your moments – all on the nation's most reliable 4G LTE network, covering more than 300 million Americans."
HTC Desire EYE comes outfitted with a powerful 2.3 GHz Quad-Core processor, a 2400mAh battery, 16GB of on-board storage and up to 128GB additional storage with a microSD card (sold separately).
Check out the AT&T Mobile Minute for HTC Desire EYE. Additional key features include:
- Picture Perfect: With a front and rear facing 13MP camera, capture high-resolution moments and see them on an immense 5.2-inch full High Definition display (1080p); the quintessential smartphone for taking selfies. You can also capture more background and wider group shots with an 88 degree front-facing wide-angle lens, complemented with full-power dual LED flash.
- Video Camera for Every Move: Equipped with hands-free face-tracking, dynamic cropping, and noise cancellation, the HTC Desire EYE keeps you in frame and in the spotlight, following you where you go. With your face and upper body always in-frame and presented in the best light during video chats, people can clearly focus on you and hear you instead of being distracted by background action and noise.
- Immersive BoomSound Audio: For powerful and balanced sound, the HTC Desire EYE comes with HTC BoomSound dual front-facing stereo speakers. Plus a built-in amplifier boosts volume projected toward you.
For additional information, visit www.att.com/DesireEye.
The HTC Desire EYE earned four out of five stars on AT&T's Eco-Rating system. The system, which rates the environmental factors of AT&T branded handset devices, was created to empower consumer choice around sustainability. For more information about this device's rating, AT&T's Eco-Rating System, and how you can join AT&T in making a difference, please visit https://www.androidcentral.com/e?link=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kqzyfj.com%2Fclick-100048248-13650413%3Fsid%3DUUacUdUnU42404%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.att.com%252Fecospace.&token=46b4xGPe
RE, a point and shoot camera, comes with a 16MP camera sensor with a 146 degree wide-angle lens, and effortlessly integrates with your smartphone and user settings to automatically back up your photos and videos to the cloud. An 820mAh rechargeable battery supports 1 hour and 40 minutes of continuous 1080p High Definition recording capability. Additional key features include:
- Intuitive Controls: Just grab, point and shoot with RE's intuitive controls. The grip sensor is always on and wakes the capture capability when you pick it up. Tap the shutter button to capture photos or press and hold to take videos.
- Cloud Back-up and Easy Sharing: RE can integrate with Android and iOS devices to back up your photos and videos to the cloud so you can access and share them anywhere. Use the RE app to connect your smartphone to back up your content to third-party cloud services such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Waterproof: RE is IPX7-compliant meaning you can capture photos and videos up to one meter underwater for 30 minutes without a protective case.
- Cinematic Features: Time-lapse and slow motion options give you the tools to capture your world in your own way.
See more at AT&T
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Nest Secure is discontinued — here's what's going on and why it matters
Nest's home security alarm system is only three years old, and yet its already heading to the Google Graveyard. This announcement is sudden, unexpected, and quite honestly unreasonable on Google's part, as it leaves users and their home safety in limbo.
You probably shouldn't use Apple's MagSafe charger on your Android phone
The science behind wireless charging says not to put anything magnetic close to either side. Apple did the work to make it safe, but chances are other phone makers haven't. Yet.
Samsung delivering an update to the Galaxy S7 isn't a cause for celebration
Samsung just rolled out a security patch to the four-year-old Galaxy S7. While it is good that the phone is getting an update past its guaranteed three-year commitment, the current system of Android updates is broken, and things need to change.
These are the screen protectors you'll want to get for your Galaxy S20 FE
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE has arrived and is surely going to compete with the top Android phones for the months to come. If you're planning to hang onto this device for the next few years, you'll want to make sure it's protected from every angle. These are the best screen protectors for the Galaxy S20 FE that you can get today.