Gameloft has announced that they will be expanding their Let's Play brand with five more games launching this summer on Google Play. Let's Play is geared towards casual mobile gamers in a free-to-play (read IAP-heavy) format. The new games will be:
- Cosmic Colony: The action unfolds on a mysterious planet where players must create and organize their colony and make it prosper. Surprising events and space missions await players of all ages as they become space pioneers.
- Monster Life: With its original design, this game lets both the young and the young at heart interact with 3D papercraft monsters, build their habitats, take care of them, and train them to battle other monsters throughout various quests.
- MY LITTLE PONY : Featuring everyone’s favorite characters such as PINKIE PIE and TWILIGHT SPARKLE from the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic animated series, created by Hasbro Studios and currently airing on the The HUB TV Network in the US. Girls and fans of all ages will look forward to building their very own town of Ponyville, while enjoying a series of mini games that are sure to please.
- Kingdoms & Lords: In this simulation and strategy game, players can build their own kingdom and form an army to hold off barbarian invaders. Players can battle each other to prove who has the better army in this compelling title.
- UNO® & Friends: This new game will let the huge worldwide base of UNO® fans connect with one another on smartphones, tablets or Facebook. Players will enjoy having the ability to challenge up to 3 other players in real time, while interacting using the in-game chat modes as well. A game started on a smartphone or tablet can be finished on Facebook, and vice versa.
As you can tell, the games are build with all ages in mind - not a lot of shoot-'em-ups in this list. The brand is on iOS as well, and if the UNO & Friends announcement was any indication, many of the new games should offer multiplayer compatibility across a bunch of different platforms.
The Let's Play brand is relatively new, having only launched in February with Ice Age Village, Oregon Trail, Fashion Icon, Fantasy Town, and Let's Golf 3. It's great that these new titles will be clearly labeled as family-friendly, but I definitely worry how heavily Gameloft will be pushing IAPs on 12-year-old girls. Is friendship only going to be moderately magical in My Little Pony unless she shells out another $0.99?
These are the best wireless earbuds you can buy at every price!
The best wireless earbuds are comfortable, sound great, don’t cost too much, and easily fit in a pocket.
Everything you need to know about the PS5: Release date, price, and more
Sony has officially confirmed that it is working on the PlayStation 5. Here's everything we know about it so far.
Nokia launches two new budget Android One phones under $200
Nokia 2.4 and Nokia 3.4 are the latest additions to HMD Global's budget smartphone lineup. Since they are both Android One devices, they are guaranteed to receive two major OS updates and regular security updates for up to three years.
Spice up your smartphone or tablet with the best icon packs for Android
Being able to customize your device is fantastic as it helps to make your device even more of "your own". With the power of Android, you can use third-party launchers to add custom icon themes and these are just some of our favorites.