What you need to know
- Epic Games has just announced new Houseparty integration for Fortnite.
- It means that players will be able to video chat with their friends live whilst playing the game.
Epic Games has announced that Fortnite now supports integration with Houseparty, enabling players to video chat with their friends live in-game.
In a press release Wednesday the company stated:
The new feature will be available on PC, PS5, and PS4 (but not Xbox currently), and players will need Houseparty installed on an iOS or Android device. Players will need to connect their Houseparty account to their Epic Games account and will unlock the Rainbow Fog Wrap as a reward for doing so.
As you can see from the image, once linked up, players can use their mobile device to connect to Houseparty, and the video chat will be displayed in-game. From Epic:
To bring video chat into Fortnite, take these steps:
- Open Houseparty on iOS or Android and Connect to Fortnite through Settings or the TV icon.
- Join your friends like you normally would or invite them to join you
- Fire up Fortnite on a PC or PlayStation
- Continue talking to your friends while you play
Epic says the video chat will be cropped to focus on player faces, and you'll get a Fortnite-themed background so only your face is shown. The feature can also be turned off in the parental control settings and is designed for use by players aged 13 and up. Only your Houseparty friends will be able to join video chats, and only people in the room will be able to see your video.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.