Disney Plus didn't list the Marvel movies in order — so we will
Disney Plus (Disney+) has the greatest collection of Marvel movies and shows ever available for legal streaming. Unless you've been buying up every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie over the past decade, this is likely the first time you've had a chance to have a proper marathon of Marvel's Infinity Saga, which has served as the canonical MCU up to this point. From the original Iron Man to the conclusive "I am … Iron Man" in Avengers: Endgame you can relive most of the story so far.
Disney hasn't made a proper MCU playlist in the Disney+ app — a major oversight in this humble hero-lover's opinion — but it's OK! We've put the movies in order in a handy list that will let you watch the story of the Infinity Stones according to the in-universe chronological order:
- Captain America: The First Avenger (opens in new tab)
- Captain Marvel (opens in new tab)
- Iron Man (opens in new tab)
- Iron Man 2 (opens in new tab)
- The Incredible Hulk — Not on Disney+ because it's a Universal film, but can be bought on Movies Anywhere
- Thor (opens in new tab)
- Avengers (opens in new tab)
- Iron Man 3 (opens in new tab)
- Thor: The Dark World (opens in new tab)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (opens in new tab)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (opens in new tab)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (opens in new tab)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (opens in new tab)
- Ant-Man (opens in new tab)
- Captain America: Civil War (opens in new tab)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming — Not on Disney+ because it's a Sony film, but can be bought on Movies Anywhere
- Doctor Strange (opens in new tab)
- Black Panther (opens in new tab) — Will be added to Disney+ on March 4, 2020, but can be bought on Movies Anywhere
- Thor: Ragnarok (opens in new tab) — Will be added to Disney+ on December 5, 2019, but can be bought on Movies Anywhere
- Avengers: Infinity War (opens in new tab) — Will be added to Disney+ on June 25, 2020, but can be bought on Movies Anywhere
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (opens in new tab) — Will be added to Disney+ on July 29, 2020, but can be bought on Movies Anywhere
- Avengers: Endgame (opens in new tab)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home — Not on Disney+ because it's a Sony film, but can be bought on Movies Anywhere
Technically, Ant-Man and the Wasp takes place before and during Infinity War But because the post-credits scene is "The Snap," I'm putting it after Infinity War. Not that it really matters since Ant-Man and the Wasp is one of the few MCU films that isn't on Disney+ at launch because of pre-existing content agreements that Disney simply has to wait out at this point.
As a small reminder, watching all of these movies would take more than 40 hours, so you're either going to want to add these movies to your Disney+ watchlist in order, or you're going to want to bookmark this article so you can come back throughout your multi-day Marvel movie marathon.
And of course, once you're done, I recommend:
Disney works its magic as only it can.
Disney may not have gotten every jewel in the crown known as the Marvel Infinity Saga onto Disney+ yet, but it's as close to a full set as you can get without spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars.
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.
Ara Wagoner was a staff writer at Android Central. She themes phones and pokes YouTube Music with a stick. When she's not writing about cases, Chromebooks, or customization, she's wandering around Walt Disney World. If you see her without headphones, RUN. You can follow her on Twitter at @arawagco.
Infinity War isn't on there.
Yeah, sorry about that! It's been fixed with a link to Movies Anywhere.
Your wrong about most of the ones saying they're not on there. All you have to do is type it into the search. The only ones your right about is hulk and spiderman. So it sounds like your just trying to get people to buy from movies anywhere.
Thanks for the list. Saved to my favorites