AT&T has reported its earnings for the third quarter of 2015, noting quite a bump in revenues due mostly to the acquisition of DirecTV. In all, consolidated revenues totaled $39.1 billion, which is up 19 percent over the same period last year. In addition, earnings per share were 74 cents—up from 65 cents a year ago— before accounting for merger-related expenses and other one-time costs. After accounting for these costs, earnings per share were down to 50 cents per share.
Getting into the nitty gritty, AT&T's wireless arm added 2.5 million wireless customers, with specific numbers breaking down to 289,000 postpaid, 466,000 prepaid, and a record 1.6 million connected device net adds. Here are some more highlights:
- 2.5 million AT&T Mobility domestic wireless net adds with gains in every customer category
- 755,000 branded net adds including solid phone net adds
- 289,000 postpaid and 466,000 prepaid net adds, best prepaid net add quarter in nearly 8 years
- Record 1.6 million connected device net adds including 1 million connected cars
- Nearly 1 million branded (postpaid and prepaid) smartphones added to base
- Continued growth in phone-only postpaid ARPU plus AT&T NextSM monthly billings up nearly 5 percent year over year
- Total churn of 1.33 percent, down year over year; postpaid churn at 1.16 percent
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Android 11 event and beta postponed: 'Now is not the time to celebrate'
Android Developers have announced that the Android 11 beta and a June 3rd event have been postponed because of recent events.
A PS5 event called The Future of Gaming is coming on June 4
After weeks of rumors and speculation, PlayStation has announced an event called The Future of Gaming. This event will focus on PS5 games and begin on June 4 at 1:00 p.m. PDT.
OnePlus will not be releasing any more ‘McLaren Edition’ phones
The collaboration between OnePlus and British sports car maker McLaren has come to an end. OnePlus is unlikely to release any new 'McLaren Edition' phone in the future.
The best external hard drives for the PlayStation 4
You can expand the storage on your PlayStation 4 now, without opening the body and voiding the warranty. All you need is a decent hard drive to plug in.