AT&T has reported its earnings for the second quarter of 2016, noting a solid bump in both consolidated revenues and wireless net adds over this time a year ago. In total, AT&T says that consolidated revenues were up to $40.5 billion for the quarter, which is an increase of 22% over the same period a year ago.
Concerning the wireless market specifically, AT&T says that it saw a total of 2.1 million wireless net adds total. 1.4 million of those net adds came from the U.S. alone, while Mexico contributed 780,000. According to AT&T, this quarter also saw the company's second-lowest churn on record at 0.97%. Here are the highlights:
- 2.1 million wireless net adds driven by connected devices, Mexico and Cricket
- U.S. net adds of 1.4M; including 257k postpaid and 365k prepaid
- 185k U.S. branded (postpaid and prepaid) phone net adds
- Nearly 800k branded smartphones added to the U.S. base, offsetting ~600k branded feature phone decline
- Postpaid churn of 0.97%, down from 1.01% in 2Q15 and second-lowest ever in U.S.
- Mexico: 780k branded net adds to reach about 10 million subscribers
For much more, be sure to check out AT&T's full earnings release.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
These are the best Android phones you can buy right now
There are so many great Android phones to buy, so it can be tough to know which one to buy. These are the best of the best at each price point.
The Pixel 4a is here, and we’ve rounded up everything you need to know
The Pixel 4a is coming on August 20, and we’re rounding up all the reasons to be excited about this incredible budget handset.
With a single update, OnePlus ruined OxygenOS for me
OnePlus is embarking on a new visual identity with OxygenOS 11, with the manufacturer switching away from stock Android and offering a UI that's similar to Samsung's One UI. Here's why I'm not on board with the new design.
Get a grab-and-go charge with these wireless chargers for the Note 20
Why would you want to plug in your phone every single time you set it down to charge when wireless charging is as widely available? These are the wireless chargers that you can trust to get you charged up consistently and stylishly.