Android Auto has expanded a great deal since its inception. Its main goal is to use your phone as the brains of the operation, connecting to your vehicle's infotainment display so that your apps work seamlessly. It's grown a bit over the months and years and will now work on its own, without a vehicle display. But in its purest form, it'll work with your car.
Unfortunately, not every vehicle is compatible with Android Auto. But the good news is that the list of vehicles that support Android Auto is growing all the time. This is the official list of supported vehicles, according to Google:
- 2017: NSX
- 2016: Q7
- 2017: Q2, A3, A4, A6, A7
- 2016: LaCrosse, Regal
- 2017: Envision, Encore
- 2016: ATS, ATS Coupe, ATS-V, CTS, CTS-V, ELR, CT6, Escalade, Escalade ESV, XTS
- 2017: XT5
- 2016: Camaro, Camaro Convertible, Colorado, Corvette, Corvette Convertible, Cruze, Impala, Malibu, Silverado, Silverado HD, Tahoe, Volt, Suburban, Spark
- 2017: C-MAX, Edge, Escape, Everest, Expedition, F-150, Flex, Focus, Fusion, Galaxy, Kuga, Mondeo, Mustang, Ranger, S-MAX, Super Duty, Taurus, Transit, Vignale
- 2016: Canyon, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL
- 2017: Acadia
- 2016: Spark, Captiva
- 2016: Civic, Accord
- 2015: Sonata
- 2016: Elantra GT, Veloster, Tucson, Sonata, Sonata Hybrid, Sonata PHEV, Azera, Genesis
- 2017: Elantra, Santa Fe, Santa Fe (Sport)
- 2014 – 2016: Soul (software update)
- 2015: Optima (software update)
- 2015 – 2016: Soul EV (software update), Sedona (software update), Optima Hybrid (software update), Optima Plug-in Hybrid (software update)
- 2016: Optima, Sorento (software update)
- 2017: Sportage, Forte, Soul, Soul EV, Optima Hybrid, Optima Plug-in Hybrid, Sedona, Cadenza, Niro Hybrid
- 2018: Rio
- 2019: K900
- 2017: Continental, MKC, MKX, MKZ, MKZ HEV, Navigator
- 2017: E-Class, CLS Coupe, CLS Shooting Brake, GLE, GLE Coupe
- 2016: Pajero, Pajero Sport
- 2017: Mirage
- 2016: Adam, KARL, Corsa, Astra, Insignia, Zafira, Mokka
- 2016: Alhambra, Ibiza, Leon, Toledo, Ateca
- 2016: Fabia, Fabia Combi, Octavia, Octavia Combi, Rapid, Rapid Spaceback, Superb, Superb Combi, Yeti, Kodiaq
- 2016: Adam, Viva, Corsa, Astra, Insignia, Zafira, Mokka
- 2016: Beetle, Beetle Cabrio, Caddy, CC, Eos, Fox, Golf, Golf Cabrio, Golf Sportsvan, Golf Variant, Jetta, Passat, Passat Variant, Polo, Scirocco, Sharan, Spacefox, T6 Van, Tiguan, Touran
WhatsApp service returning after over an hour of worldwide outages
After over an hour of WhatsApp outages leading to delayed messages around the world, the service is coming back for most people.
Google Pixel Buds second opinion: A genuine triumph with one damning flaw
Google has never shied away from a fight, and the second version of the Pixel Buds are the kind of sequel you like to see.
125W charging is coming — what do you think about that?
125W charging speeds are coming soon. What's your take on this? Whether you think it's amazing or overkill, we want to hear from you!
Connect your phone to Android auto with the best USB-C cables
Android Auto is an absolutely necessity when you’re driving, regardless of whether its up to the store or for a long vacation. These cables will ensure that your phone stays protected, and charged, no matter what.