Fresh from CES comes the news that voice software company Vlingo has extended its partnership with Bluetooth peripheral manufacturer BlueAnt to provide a voice control application for Android smartphones. The BlueAnt application, powered by Vlingo, as it's snappily titled, will allow users to control their phones using only their voices and a Bluetooth headset.
- Voice Search,
- Social Networking Updates,
- Voice to Text "Note2Self,"
- Voice Dialing,
- Open Key Native and Third-Party Applications,
- Compose SMS and emails with your voice, and
- Integrated Text-To-Speech reading of incoming SMS and email messages.
The app is due to arrive in the first quarter of 2011 for Android, Blackberry and iOS devices. [Press release]