Pre-order deals available from major retailers and carriers
Overnight Samsung's Galaxy S5 went up for pre-order at many British outlets, including independent retailers Carphone Warehouse and Phones4u, and carriers O2, Three, Vodafone and EE. Here's a quick breakdown of what's on offer —
- EE has the GS5 in black, white and blue, with on-contract prices ranging between £32.99 per month (4GB "double speed" 4G, £259.99 upfront) to £47.99 per month (20GB, £9.99 upfront). The carrier is also offering free return flights to pre-order customers from airports across the UK.
- Three also has the black, white and blue models. Prices start at £38 per month (£69 upfront) for 2GB of data plus 600 minutes. Bump up to £41 per month for unlimited data, or £44 for unlimited calls and data, and the same upfront cost.
- Vodafone has the black, white blue, gold colors. Prices range between £47 per month (£19 upfront) for 3GB, to £62 per month for 13GB (no upfront payment.)
- O2 also has all four colors. Prices on O2 Refresh Pay Monthly come in between £38 (2GB, £69.99 upfront) and £53 (8GB, no upfront cost). Alternatively there's another 8GB plan for £48 per month with a £39.99 upfront fee attached.
- Phones4u has a range of contracts available from Vodafone, EE, Orange and T-Mobile starting at £47 for a free GS5 (a 3GB plan on Vodafone, though an extra 99p will get you 10GB on EE). The first 1,000 pre-orders get a free Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch and £50 Google Play credit with any 4G plan. All four colors are available, though the blue and gold won't be available on launch day. The retailer is also selling the GS5 SIM-free for £569.95.
- Carphone Warehouse has all four colors, though only the black and white will be available on April 11. The retailer will sell you a SIM-free device for £579.95, and has contracts available with EE, Orange, O2, Vodafone, T-Mobile and TalkMobile. The cheapest plan for a free GS5 at CPW is a £42-per-month, 3GB deal from Vodafone — though more data is available around this price point if you're willing to stump up some cash upfront.
Most outlets will be able to get a GS5 in your hands on April 11, the phone's global launch day, though availability may vary for the more colorful blue and gold variants, as we've mentioned above.
So is anyone in the UK securing their Galaxy S5 pre-order today? Shout out in the comments!