Android developer Nick7 would like to introduce the Reborn ROM for the LG Optimus S. He has pulled some of the best features from ThunderROM and nROM and created a high-performance ROM for the Optimus S that is very reliable.
Your phone must be rooted, have a custom recovery, and be running the VD baseband. No exceptions. Anything less and the ROM won't work properly. To check baseband, go to Menu > Settings > About phone > Baseband version. It should end with VD. Any questions pertaining to rooting should go to the [How-To] root thread. If you are already rooted and just need to update your baseband, go to the [How-To] Update Baseband thread.
- Picasticks v7 kernel - thanks picasticks
- Changed governer to ondemand
- Added themed notification power widget - thanks JsChiSurf (for the mod) and 96blkgsr (for porting advice)
- Increased transition speeds - thanks k0nane (for the script)
- Removed usb debugging notification - thanks jholm7 (for the tip)
- GPS and hotspot icons changed
- Added boot animation
- Network name changed to "Reborn ROM"
- Themed genie widget
- Removed vm button in dialer and made call button larger. Long press 1 for voice mail
- Removed file expert. We recommend that you download it from the market for free
- Power control application for controlling some toggles - thanks JsChiSurf
- Removed spare parts because transition speed is set to fast by default
- Fixed ringtone being silent after fresh flash
- Named ROM. Nameless ROM was already taken
- NoIQagent.zip now pushed to SD card
- Fixed missing widgets in LG launcher on fresh flash
- Set up wizard on fresh flash
The launcher doesn't play nice with different LCD density's because the PNG's do not scale. Default density is 160. If you'd like to change your density you will need to use a different launcher/home replacement. This is not something we are looking into changing.
For more information, download links, and especially to thank the developers, visit the Reborn ROM thread in the Android Central forums.